Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

WA or England - Help us decide

Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA or England - Help us decide

I choose Perth over Southern England

Comparisions

even though i moved away from South London 16 years ago to Dorset. Perth is cleaner than Dorset and a sign more cleaner than flithy dirty South London (ashamed to say it).

The grass is greener in Perth in comparision to the Carbon Monoxide stained verges and lawns of the Southern England

People are happier and friendlier in Perth - including the girls/boys at the supermarket check out. A remarkable experience in supermarkets in Perth last year, then to return to the miserable (99%) of people in Southern England.

My sons willbe able to afford a house in WA, unlike the minimum of £50K required to buy a flat in our nearest town.

Traffic jams are a bloody joke in the UK, even the south coast towns have loads of problems (it can take ages to get to work).

The only downside Aussie rules - watched a game Perth v ? in a full stadium and didn't get the same buzz as in a Soccer ground in the UK. Expected the ozzie crowd to be louder, but were not. Then again there isn't a 10th of the aggravation at the games in Perth that you see regularly at a english football.

what i will miss -warm and colourful autumn days and the wildlife. Whati won't miss freezing cold winner mornings at the football pitch with the kids. they can play in the reletive warmth of a Perth winner and in the summer the constant games of cricket rained off.

I suspect i moan about the heat, but you can't have everything.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

Good luckh wit your move.

I went this time last year with my girlfriend for a reckie for a month, which I think was no where near enough time. But we have had itchie feet ever since, we are now just doing our best to save up to move. which is proving to be a very slow process.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
For me it is the weather, I hate the weather in the UK, I love it when it is sunny here but it just isn't often enough. I know I feel happier in the sun so my vote goes to Perth (though we are probably going to Queensland)
ditto!