Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

W.A. Paediatric Nursing Registration !!

W.A. Paediatric Nursing Registration !!

Old Aug 11th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: W.A. Paediatric Nursing Registration !!

So what happens if you pull out of the sale, and then two weeks later the registration comes through? Your buyer has gone and found another house and then you are left trying to find another.
We had a sale back in December and it fell through, we are still trying to find a buyer, after dropping our price by £7k less than our last sale!
Living in travelodge etc is FAR better than not having a buyer, believe me!

Tell your wife all about it, you can't make a decision as big as pulling out of a house sale without telling her!

I must admit it looks to me too as if your heart isn't really in the move.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 12:39 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower
We would have to rent, and rentals are for 6 months.
Not sure you've got that right ....

When I looked into rentals, furnished rentals in our area in eth UK all had a minimum rental period of one week. And the furnished rentals in Perth that I checked out had a minimum rental period of one week, or two weeks, or one month.

It's really not as bleak as you're trying to make out.

Like someone else has said, I am wondering whether you really want to move or are using this as an excuse not to go?

There'll be a lot more hurdles once you get there ... Life is never easy.

Gina
Old Aug 11th 2007, 5:30 pm
HCJ
Forum Regular

HCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the roughHCJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
You need to get your missus to check your blood pressure mate,chill the **** out
That's great advice! Emigration is going to test you in many more and far harder ways than this current administrative wrinkle.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda Jayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Bloody convicts !

Still annoyed -lol.
God be with the days that all you had to do was break the law and of to Aus you went
Tracie[/QUOTE]

Yea... but didn't it take months and months to get there? Spend a lot of the time chained up on the boat and if you were really lucky, you died. I think I'd rather wait......

Amanda
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:26 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

How is it going Dave......have you anything sorted ?
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:32 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Issie
How is it going Dave......have you anything sorted ?
Wendy ifs fine with things, we agree that we cannot move until that W>A nursing certificate is in our hands, given the beurocracy involved its common sense.

We have time on our side with the visas.

Cancelled the house sale for now, we have to stands some costs but because we valued the house 10 k lower than the max, we feel we can get this back at a later date. Our development has a lot of houses that turn over quickly.

Frustrating, but common sensse the order of the day..
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:33 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy ifs fine with things, we agree that we cannot move until that W>A nursing certificate is in our hands, given the beurocracy involved its common sense.

We have time on our side with the visas.

Cancelled the house sale for now, we have to stands some costs but because we valued the house 10 k lower than the max, we feel we can get this back at a later date. Our development has a lot of houses that turn over quickly.

Frustrating, but common sensse the order of the day..
Good luck with it all Dave....

Whne to you think you will be going now ?
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:06 am
Account Closed

Good luck with it all Dave....

Whne to you think you will be going now ?
We will review again once registered with NWAB.God knows how long that will take.

Dave
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:09 am

We will review again once registered with NWAB.God knows how long that will take.

Dave
It didn't take that long for me TBH...although i am not Peads so i haven't got your added problem.

It felt wierd on Saturday to see my gold card pop through the post with 'licence to practice' on it......felt quite proud.

It will be here in no time....then you will have the added worry of selling the bloody house again
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:14 am
Account Closed

It didn't take that long for me TBH...although i am not Peads so i haven't got your added problem.

It felt wierd on Saturday to see my gold card pop through the post with 'licence to practice' on it......felt quite proud.

It will be here in no time....then you will have the added worry of selling the bloody house again
Big congrats on the gold card Isssie- nice one.

Whatever will be will be..i suppose.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

Big congrats on the gold card Isssie- nice one.

Whatever will be will be..i suppose.
YES!! GET IN THERE!!

The estate agents have let me off for cancellation fees on the hope I return soon.

Good result that guys...

Dave
Old Aug 13th 2007, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Dave
Moving abroad is stressful, I agree, but I really do think that you are making it as stressful for yourselves as possible. Is your heart really in this move?
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Moving abroad is stressful, I agree, but I really do think that you are making it as stressful for yourselves as possible. Is your heart really in this move?
I take your point OZ doc , the end bit is stressful.

But only a fool would travel across the planet without a nursing registration firmly done and dusted and in the bag ??

Dave
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:46 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I take your point OZ doc , the end bit is stressful.

But only a fool would travel across the planet without a nursing registration firmly done and dusted and in the bag ??

Dave
Surely if a positive skills assesment has been completed and you understand the process ie applying to another state nursing board then getting it transfered, the last bit can be done in Wa. As I said before, I didn't register till getting here but felt confident that getting work wouldn't be a problem which it hasn't been.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
Surely if a positive skills assesment has been completed and you understand the process ie applying to another state nursing board then getting it transfered, the last bit can be done in Wa. As I said before, I didn't register till getting here but felt confident that getting work wouldn't be a problem which it hasn't been.
Fair play to you ,glad it worked out for ya.
I'm more cautious...that's all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.