Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

W.A. Paediatric Nursing Registration !!

W.A. Paediatric Nursing Registration !!

Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:25 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry W.A. Paediatric Nursing Registration !!

Hi All

My wife sent papers to register as a paediatric nurse with NBWA.

They have just informed that they do not register direct entrants !

You have to register in ANOTHER state ,then they transfer it bcak to Western Australia.

Abslutely pathetic ! our ruddy house sale is going thro- STRESS !

Anyone else heard of this farce ?? !!

ffs

Dave
Oldham

Last edited by mindblower; Aug 9th 2007 at 9:31 am.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:43 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: W.A. Paediatric Nursing Registration !!

Originally Posted by mindblower
Hi All

You have to register in ANOTHER state ,then they transfer it bcak to Western Australia.

ffs

Dave
Oldham
That sounds very strange to me ! I wouldn't worry too much though she can register when you get here - it doesn't take long around 2-3/52. Unless you want her out working from day 1 of arrival
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Hi All

ffs

Dave
Oldham
Unfortunately not all states recognize paediatric nurses so this is a way around it. I agree it is a total farce. She will have to register in a state that does recognize her qualification and then there is an agreement between states that will allow her to register by default in WA. As the OP said though she can do it when you get here so it will only delay her starting work a bit. Good luck.
Tracie
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Unfortunately not all states recognize paediatric nurses so this is a way around it. I agree it is a total farce. She will have to register in a state that does recognize her qualification and then there is an agreement between states that will allow her to register by default in WA. As the OP said though she can do it when you get here so it will only delay her starting work a bit. Good luck.
Tracie
Thanks Trace

When you say she can do it when she gets here..

You mean still by another state ?

ie You cant register in W.A once a resident of W.A

Bollocks this , annoyed !
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Trace

When you say she can do it when she gets here..

You mean still by another state ?

ie You cant register in W.A once a resident of W.A

Bollocks this , annoyed !
You can register in WA or any other state once she is here or you can do it from there, which ever she wants, it doesn't matter.
Tracie
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:01 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

ffs

Dave
Oldham
What a load of Bollocks .....how stupid !!!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Issie
What a load of Bollocks .....how stupid !!!
Thats one of the reasons I didn't do child nursing. I initially thought about it but always knew I would travel and when I looked into it I found that a lot of countries don't recognize the qualifications so I did adult nursing instead. I'm glad now cause I don't think I could cope with really ill kids now
Tracie
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:15 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Try not to worry too much Dave, it's only more money and time - you've got loads of both
Seriousl though, just register with a state that acknowlegdes paeds and then register with WA. It will only take a month or so more.
Good luck,
Tracey
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:29 am
Account Closed

p l d k is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

ffs

Dave
Oldham

Dont get wound up by it, this is just the beginning, this is how things are in Australia once you get used to the systems not making sense and jumping through stupid hoops things get easier.

I have found that everything here seems really difficult to do and its easy to get put off, when you start the process fill in the forms and pay the money things get stamped and approved very quickly.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Try not to worry too much Dave, it's only more money and time - you've got loads of both
Seriousl though, just register with a state that acknowlegdes paeds and then register with WA. It will only take a month or so more.
Good luck,
Tracey
Awww thanks tracey..

Up against the clock tho -only 3 months left in UK !

Dave
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of

Need a bit of advice really can you help! Have a daughter who is a Paediatric nurse in the Uk ,she qualified in January of this year and has now got a job in the local hospital,(about a month) what i wanted to ask is How much experience do she need to emigrate to WA,or would she be able to do her nursing if she comes here on the last relative visa,which we have thought about applying for .We miss each other so much and are looking for the quickest way for her to be with us ,and to still do her nursing cheers Terri
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by STEVE&TERRI
Need a bit of advice really can you help! Have a daughter who is a Paediatric nurse in the Uk ,she qualified in January of this year and has now got a job in the local hospital,(about a month) what i wanted to ask is How much experience do she need to emigrate to WA,or would she be able to do her nursing if she comes here on the last relative visa,which we have thought about applying for .We miss each other so much and are looking for the quickest way for her to be with us ,and to still do her nursing cheers Terri
Sorry dont know anything about the last remaining relative visa but as regards registering to nurse she can do that now if she wants. As has been discussed she would have to register in one of the other states as a paeds nurse then she can register here in WA and be free to work as a nurse if she has a visa. As a nurse she could look at getting a visa of her own if not eligible for the LRR visa.

Tracie
Old Aug 9th 2007, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

[ Tracie[/QUOTE]

Bloody convicts !

Still annoyed -lol.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

[ Tracie
Bloody convicts !

Still annoyed -lol.[/QUOTE]
God be with the days that all you had to do was break the law and of to Aus you went
Tracie
Old Aug 9th 2007, 4:15 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

if you want to do it from here i have been told SA registration doesnt take that long and is quicker than the other states. Hope this helps xx clare at convicts lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.