Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

W.A best state to find work

W.A best state to find work

Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:18 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold
Default W.A best state to find work

WA seems to be the best state if your looking for work Victoria and Tasmania the worst. Perhaps those that choose to move to Perth over the eastern states are making the right decision.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/da...0401-ri87.html
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 2:04 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: W.A best state to find work

It's also the most expensive, boring and isolated. You couldn't pay be 200k to go work up north on site considerign the family collapses and many other things I've seen over the years with people who do fly in fly out
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
It's also the most expensive, boring and isolated. You couldn't pay be 200k to go work up north on site considerign the family collapses and many other things I've seen over the years with people who do fly in fly out
Personally I dont find perth boring, perhaps your just a boring person?.
Dont project your own problems onto WA !
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Two and a quarter million people dont seem to have this problem
They dont all FIFO
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 3:09 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

It rather be bored and have a job in Perth then be unemployed or on the dole in Melbourne.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Elmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to all

I'm confused.com (I know it happens a lot!)

Why would your family collapse if you FIFO????? It is no different to working offshore in the UK and it seems to work just fine for thousands of families!

Do I detect a little bit of bitterness??!
Old Apr 7th 2010, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elmo2552

Why would your family collapse if you FIFO????? It is no different to working offshore in the UK and it seems to work just fine for thousands of families!

He's not bitter, it's a statisical fact that FI/FO families suffer here in Perth and other mining states. Divorce rates are higher and it's a job that not many people can do for many years. If you have a young family it's tough not being able to see them for a couple of weeks at a time and hard on the mothers who are left looking after the kids all by themselves. Saying that, plenty of people do it. I wouldn't/couldn't do it so hats off to the people who can.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 11:34 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

It really depends on what situation your family is in and what relationship you are in with your partner but I will never do FIFO. It's not worth the money
Old Apr 7th 2010, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elmo2552

not sure where the idea of everyone doing FIFO in perth comes from, I have been here 3 years and never done it
Old Apr 7th 2010, 12:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
not sure where the idea of everyone doing FIFO in perth comes from, I have been here 3 years and never done it
You don't know what you're missing