Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Vote For Bettys replacement?

View Poll Results: Banana Republics Leader
Rolf Harris ( home in UK same as Betty)
20.00%
Skippy ( a face you can trust)
30.00%
Any Abo ( be nice for a true Australian to get a job)
5.00%
Leyton Hewett ( Nice line in abuse)
0%
Alan Bond ( a true convict type )
5.00%
Kerry Packer ( pays little Tax and proud of it)
10.00%
Mr Murdoch ( now a Yank but made of the right stuff)
0%
Howard ( little pollie with big ego)
15.00%
Germaine Greer ( womans vote?)
5.00%
Russel Crow ( NZ piss head well liked)
10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Vote For Bettys replacement?

Old Jun 13th 2003, 4:58 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paulf
You have lost the plot PB.
This is a coin queen at best, they do nothing on the world stage.
France is a free country NOW no point draging the past up.
Germany is a free country NOW no point draging the past up again, and if you do well lets not talk about the British Raj eh.
Know your history it has a habit of repeating its self , Cromwell tried running the country without the Royals the great British public did not take to it.
I could list countless countries that have lost the plot and nearly all are republics.

The armed forces and Goverment are loyal to the Queen not a PM .

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 13th 2003 at 5:05 am.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 4:59 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

The Royal Family are a Drain on our country, thats DRAIN as in full of ****.
Now we have a poncy prince who listens to brittney spears and poses in magazines who will aspire to be KING.
Just what function they serve is a mystery, some clowns claim we need them for tourism????? just how has never been explained to me, as in how many yanks or jap tourists get to meet any of the Windsors?

I'd give up if I were you - it's not democratic to want a vote on them - these Royalists are telling us we've got to keep them. Perhaps their scared if there were actually a vote - they may be saying cheerio to the queen.

It's Not nice to want a democratic vote - We're a monarchy not a democracy for gawds sake... shhh , think I'll go and crawl back to my cave now

cheers
Old Jun 13th 2003, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri
Get this straight I do not hate the English - but I will fight to retain the Welsh culture (along with other welsh people whether some want independence or not, there are both views in Wales - but we are all proud to fly our flag, we are proud to sing our anthem) and not blurr into England. If you do not understand that, I feel very sorry for you.

P.S you're not the only one who's travelled by the way - try some of the poverty in Thailand , little boys and girls selling themselves to German tourists.
Then you agree with me that class is the thing, not nationalities, and that the world is divided by rich and poor, by privileged and exploited, and not by Welsh and English? The great thing about Great Britain is that it is not England, but more than that. You say you do not hate the English, but frame everything as Wales versus England. There are plenty of people (the majority) who are worse off than you and always have been. Take off grandad's uniform, put down uncle's drum, remove granny's medals and stop fighting wars that are nothing to do with your own experience of life. You are looking for other people's troubles in the history books and then re-enacting their battles like a wargame. Your life now is a middle class life and you are trying to teach people who are actually living the life you have only heard family stories about? I consider myself a lucky person because in growing up in council estates I had better accommodation than my parents and am grateful for my privileges. Money people like you use that sort of thing, experienced by your grandad and not even you, to moan about how oppressed you are.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 5:06 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Know your history it has a habit of repeating its self , Cromwell tried running the country without the Royals the great British public did not take to it.
How about the three BIG countries I have already mentioned (not could) Three world power countries thriving right now.
Now MR know your History what other countries in the world do you wish to name that are bigger players Than, USA, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, China, none of these have or need a monarch.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 5:12 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

How about the three BIG countries I have already mentioned (not could) Three world power countries thriving right now.
Now MR know your History what other countries in the world do you wish to name that are bigger players Than, USA, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, China, none of these have or need a monarch.

Russia , China are not countries that attract not many on here ,both have killed vast amounts of there own people in order to keep bastards in power.
America was lucky enough to have been founded on a British system of Goverment and Italy had a right nutter in charge in W11 .
The rest we have covered , Japan , Britain and Canada make up 3 of the G7 (world powers) all are not Republics.
If you wish me to bore you with banana Republics I will but would you understand the reasons that they have become that?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 13th 2003 at 5:32 am.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 5:16 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Wilf
Then you agree with me that class is the thing, not nationalities, and that the world is divided by rich and poor, by privileged and exploited, and not by Welsh and English? The great thing about Great Britain is that it is not England, but more than that. You say you do not hate the English, but frame everything as Wales versus England. There are plenty of people (the majority) who are worse off than you and always have been. Take off grandad's uniform, put down uncle's drum, remove granny's medals and stop fighting wars that are nothing to do with your own experience of life. You are looking for other people's troubles in the history books and then re-enacting their battles like a wargame. Your life now is a middle class life and you are trying to teach people who are actually living the life you have only heard family stories about? I consider myself a lucky person because in growing up in council estates I had better accommodation than my parents and am grateful for my privileges. Money people like you use that sort of thing, experienced by your grandad and not even you, to moan about how oppressed you are.
No I do not agree with you, it is a nationality and a culture thing - and you can stick Tony blair too

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/2984406.stm

Great isn't it?
See why I shout, gawd the country is going to the dogs.

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 13th 2003 at 6:10 am.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Rune is an unknown quantity at this point

You really think the Commonwealth would benefit from having a Head of State like Bush (either of them; or Clinton;or Carter; or Reagan?)
Italy has had more changes of governments and policies than any other European country - and if life there is so good, why do so many Italians emigrate? And since WWII, both France and Italy have elected Communist governments

While as for China, would you seriously wish a Mao Tze Tung on us all?
And, Ceri, Australia held a referendum on whether or not we should become a Republic; and yes, PB, the system was flawed, the questions weighted - but at least we live in a country where we were not only able to vote, but voting is mandatory (though I have my doubts about how democratic THAT is!).
As for Welsh independence, it's a furphy; as a nation, the Welsh cannot either feed or defend themselves, they simply do not have adequate resources. While as for providing health care, education, social services, you'd better forget it and be grateful to cling to the skirts of the rest of the British Isles.
Governments can and do change, as do policies. As I said earlier, the monarchy provides a degree of stabilty that is lacking elsewhere in the world.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 5:52 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by Rune
You really think the Commonwealth would benefit from having a Head of State like Bush (either of them; or Clinton;or Carter; or Reagan?)
Italy has had more changes of governments and policies than any other European country - and if life there is so good, why do so many Italians emigrate? And since WWII, both France and Italy have elected Communist governments

While as for China, would you seriously wish a Mao Tze Tung on us all?
And, Ceri, Australia held a referendum on whether or not we should become a Republic; and yes, PB, the system was flawed, the questions weighted - but at least we live in a country where we were not only able to vote, but voting is mandatory (though I have my doubts about how democratic THAT is!).
As for Welsh independence, it's a furphy; as a nation, the Welsh cannot either feed or defend themselves, they simply do not have adequate resources. While as for providing health care, education, social services, you'd better forget it and be grateful to cling to the skirts of the rest of the British Isles.
Governments can and do change, as do policies. As I said earlier, the monarchy provides a degree of stabilty that is lacking elsewhere in the world.
I know Aus had a referendum .. I was here when it was going on, hardly fair was it?

And as for your statement about Wales - S.Ireland to you (we have more natural resources and foreign business than them too) Wales can go it alone with Europe - S.Ireland is a prime example of this - they have never been richer than under the European union. Who gave Britain it's national health service eh?( a welshman) Also we are in control of a lot of our own affairs under the Welsh Assembly, not enough mind you

Like I say it's up to voters no matter which way it goes - That's Democracy. It's funny how I'm all for a vote, but Royalists aren't - so it's wrong to want a vote on the issue is it ? Let the people of a country decide.... sorry I thought Britian was supposed to be a democratic country - what a joke! Sorry, we must be told what to do by a few royalists. I do not know which way it would go, maybe people would vote to keep them, maybe they would vote to get rid of them , but It's the freedom to vote on this which counts - That is true democracy.

cheers

P.s there are two issues here - forget about the Welsh bit that has just complicated things more, that is my personal opinion (independent Wales).. by the way Hubby is not for an independent Wales, he's one of these people "better the devil we know" - ahh we're still together after all these years.... soft b*gger.

The issue is that Royal family - and to be allowed a vote on whether we should keep them or not ... Democracy. The country belongs to the people of that country, those people should be able to have a right to chose how it is run. Nobody has asked the public if they mind paying their taxes to that family. We vote on leaders but not the Royal family - this is not a democracy, this is an outdated Monarchy

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 13th 2003 at 6:13 am.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 6:11 am
Banned

I know Aus had a referendum .. I was here when it was going on, hardly fair was it?
Sorry the vote was fair and easy keep or dump Betty for an Australian and the voters kept Betty.

Old Jun 13th 2003, 6:17 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Sorry the vote was fair and easy keep or dump Betty for an Australian and the voters kept Betty.

For a president which was to be chosen by the politicians - not the pubic, oh yes very fair I must say. That is why some people voted to keep the old bag, ahem I mean the Queenie

.................................................. .............
an edit here - lol just re read the above "by the Pubic" , I shouldn't type so fast . I'll leave it there.

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 13th 2003 at 6:23 am.
Old Jun 13th 2003, 6:21 am
Banned

For a president which was to be chosen by the politicians - not the pubic, oh yes very fair I must say. That is why some people voted to keep the old bag, ahem I mean the Queenie
How many Republics have a President not chosen by the Pollies , the people who get to the position of head of state are not those who should do.