Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

vonjean from tasmania saying Hi

vonjean from tasmania saying Hi

Old Oct 25th 2012, 3:11 am
Just Joined

vonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nice
Default vonjean from tasmania saying Hi

Hi! Was looking only for post dates to Uk for Xmas, and found this delightful site!
Migrated to Australia over 40 years ago, so any advice I can help with please ask! Have lived in most states, or at least had holidays in them. Had own business most of the 40 years. Now retired, and travel in my camper. Grandma
Old Oct 25th 2012, 3:28 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vonjean from tasmania saying Hi

Hi Vonjean and welcome to B.E.

I'm sure any bits of advice that you have will be warmly welcomed. Anyone who can contribute is a bonus.

I don't much about anything really. Have been in Vic for 6 years.

Do you know how to make the sun shine?

Alistair.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Vonjean, I'm one of the token Australians on the site, you may as well be one of us too, having lived here for 40 years. 10 pound pom?
Old Oct 25th 2012, 3:42 am
Just Joined

vonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nicevonjean is just really nice

Hi Kim, Thought I would be the "last one standing" from the 10 pound pom era! So nice to 'meet' you. By the way, missed the sea-mail I was after, only by one month and 3 days.... after 40 odd years think I'd start earlier each year, but cant get head around planning Xmas in SEPTEMBER!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vonjean
Hi Kim, Thought I would be the "last one standing" from the 10 pound pom era! So nice to 'meet' you. By the way, missed the sea-mail I was after, only by one month and 3 days.... after 40 odd years think I'd start earlier each year, but cant get head around planning Xmas in SEPTEMBER!
I'm not a 10 pounder vonjean, but my husband and his family are - moved to Perth in 1968 when he was 3 - I was born and bred here. I joined this site a few years ago when we were doing a stint overseas. Pity about missing the mail, you're not really Australian enough, we just don't send Christmas cards.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 3:52 am
Just Joined

Was my Sisters present, only thing I have to think about overseas, can t even get that right! yes have noticed, Aussies are not so card orientated as us with British back grounds. I came out here 2 years after your husband by the way. Von
Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Although you missed the official date, you could still be lucky in the parcel getting there before christmas. Oh and welcome.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:37 am
Just Joined

Oooops, sorry Sherlock, didn't notice you there!Thanks for welcome. Nay I dont know a lot either, obviously not how to post to UK on time!
All I know & my contribution about Victoria, is it is maybe 1 to 2 degree warmer than Tassie at any given time, so there you go!
Do have long standing friend also in Vic, at Ocean Grove if you know that? Just come back from 3 months on the Northern 'Big island' & spent three weeks in Vic, brrrr may as well have been here, cold here too. Von
Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:46 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vonjean
Oooops, sorry Sherlock, didn't notice you there!Thanks for welcome. Nay I dont know a lot either, obviously not how to post to UK on time!
All I know & my contribution about Victoria, is it is maybe 1 to 2 degree warmer than Tassie at any given time, so there you go!
Do have long standing friend also in Vic, at Ocean Grove if you know that? Just come back from 3 months on the Northern 'Big island' & spent three weeks in Vic, brrrr may as well have been here, cold here too. Von
I was in stealth mode...that's why you didn't see me.

Whizzed through Ocean Grove a few years back on the way to Queenscliff to catch the ferry.

Must do some more travelling soon. Money and weather permitting.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Although you missed the official date, you could still be lucky in the parcel getting there before christmas. Oh and welcome.
yet another ooops! Not very good at this am I...Thank you also for welcome moneypenny
Thought about it, so raced up the post office, didn't get that right either, bloomin well closed wasn't it, public holiday. Trouble about being old and retired, do not keep track of 'holidays' all one long holiday now. [It's tassies show day today, raining cats and dogs too]
Did try it on one year, was just few days late, & she didn't get present until 5 weeks after Xmas, think customs hung onto it out of spite, thought they'd teach me a lesson not to be late!
Von.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Sherlock you are such a fast typist! By time I had even replied to moneypenny, there was another. You don't need much money, do as I do, get your self on the gem fields of Q.land, no charges, just food costs, and even the possibility of finding your fortune! Von