Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visiting Europe on almost expired passport?

Visiting Europe on almost expired passport?

Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

ssinnige is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visiting Europe on almost expired passport?

Hi,

I am residing in Australia and may need to go to Europe fairly soon. My passport has a provisional spouse visa which will allow me to return to Australia multiple times. The problem is that my passport has about a couple of months left. However, when I return to Australia from the Europe trip, it should still have more than three months left before it expires.

I don't think I have enough time to get a renewal of my passport as that might take too long! I understand that The Netherlands (I am a Dutch citizen) requires that the passport should be valid for more than three months at the time that you leave the country, so I am alright there. I think, but correct me if I'm wrong, that Australia does not have a 3-months validity or a 6-months validity rule. And I am entitled to stay in Australia anyway because of my visa. I ma not making any stop-overs anywhere (other than the normal Singapore transit or so - I won't leave the airports).

Does anyone has experience with this and do you see any problems?

Cheers
Stefan