Visit to AHC

Old Feb 19th 2003, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Cool Visit to AHC

Hi Gang
Just got back from a trip to AHC to pick up our visa's (sorry little sticker inside passport).
Being the sad old git that I am, took the 6am train to get into Charing Cross at 7.
Walked up the Strand and got to AHC at 7.15.Guess what , first in the queue !!!!!(as I said sad old git !!!)
Queue started forming about 7.30.Got talking to an oz student from melbourne, who's been over here for 1 1/2 years but he's had enough of the traffic, weather and high cost of living, even though he earns a good wage as a sports coach.
He was getting a resident return visa and couldn't wait to get out of UK.
I think the staff must have felt sorry for us standing out in the freezing cold, cause the let us inside at 8.40 !
By the time I got served at 9.10 there were about 50 people queing.
One thing that has changed since my last visit was the security, as you have to pass through one of those airport scanners and leave your valuables in a container on the side.
A word of warning, If you're paying a visit , dont take any big bags with you cause they were making people empty them out to check the contents !!!!After all the excitment, had a Burger King Breakfast and headed home, got home at 11.15 - just in time for lunch !!!!!
Must say that waiting 19 months for a little sticker in ya passport is a bit much, but hay thems the rules.
Keep the faith to all still waiting
CUL8TR
Dave & Yve
Old Feb 19th 2003, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

well done, weve been waiting 19 months and i would love to stand in the freezing cold at the back of the queue. if need be, just to get our little sticker, so fed up at the moment. im very happy for you though.
Old Feb 19th 2003, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visit to AHC

Hi guys - sounds like a good days work!
You missed the important bit though...what does it look, feel and smell like??

Well done...(think we'll end up posting them)

Mash...

Originally posted by abergas
Hi Gang
Just got back from a trip to AHC to pick up our visa's (sorry little sticker inside passport).
Being the sad old git that I am, took the 6am train to get into Charing Cross at 7.
Walked up the Strand and got to AHC at 7.15.Guess what , first in the queue !!!!!(as I said sad old git !!!)
Queue started forming about 7.30.Got talking to an oz student from melbourne, who's been over here for 1 1/2 years but he's had enough of the traffic, weather and high cost of living, even though he earns a good wage as a sports coach.
He was getting a resident return visa and couldn't wait to get out of UK.
I think the staff must have felt sorry for us standing out in the freezing cold, cause the let us inside at 8.40 !
By the time I got served at 9.10 there were about 50 people queing.
One thing that has changed since my last visit was the security, as you have to pass through one of those airport scanners and leave your valuables in a container on the side.
A word of warning, If you're paying a visit , dont take any big bags with you cause they were making people empty them out to check the contents !!!!After all the excitment, had a Burger King Breakfast and headed home, got home at 11.15 - just in time for lunch !!!!!
Must say that waiting 19 months for a little sticker in ya passport is a bit much, but hay thems the rules.
Keep the faith to all still waiting
CUL8TR
Dave & Yve