Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

visa requirements for my financee american to marry me in newzealnd etc...

visa requirements for my financee american to marry me in newzealnd etc...

Old Aug 11th 2002, 1:28 am
Just Joined

cluelessrose is an unknown quantity at this point
Question visa requirements for my financee american to marry me in newzealnd etc...

hi im new to this site...

pls...im confused and not sure how all this visa requirements..needed..

im engaged to be married .... he is US citizen but is in the army serving...based in sth korea...

we planed to marry here in nz...while he is to take leave...

i would like to know...what are the requirements he needs to bring with him for us to marry here in nz...

does he need to apply for a specific type of visa...for the purpose of marriage...even if his leave allows him only 30days...for us to be marry here...

where does he need to go to apply...the nz consulate or travel agent in sth korea...

how long will the process of visa will take...

or does he need one for that purpose...even if his stay here is less than 30 days....

as i will join him in us or korea later in the year...depending on visas requirments etc....

i have checked with website of immirrgation here...but not specific of time frame and what is needed for my fiancee to be here for us to be married... as he is in sth korea at this time...in us army...based there...

i know this is daughting process...but we very much want to do this right...with the paper work ...and very much want to be married..and start our life...together..

pls i would be grantful for any advice.

cluelessrose