Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa refused ,Help!!

Visa refused ,Help!!

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:02 am
superam74

Unhappy Visa refused ,Help!!

Hi Everyone. I got the dreaded letter yesterday saying that my application
(139 subclass Designated area sponsored.) has been refused on the grounds that me & my sister (in melbourne) aren't closely related enough! for her to sponsor me. My sister was adopted when she was very small & Australian rule states that although she is my blood sister, when she was adopted all ties with me & my family were severed.
Can somebody please tell me another category that I can apply in without having to put up the $100,000 bond. I am a fully qualified bricklayer (which is on the modl) my skills have been passed.I was thinking Independant Skills category. Any help or advice would be priceless as I am desperate,Thankyou,Pete.

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:05 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa refused ,Help!!

Originally Posted by superam74
(139 subclass Designated area sponsored.) has been refused on the grounds that me & my sister (in melbourne) aren't closely related enough! for her to sponsor me. My sister was adopted when she was very small & Australian rule states that although she is my blood sister, when she was adopted all ties with me & my family were severed.
Can somebody please tell me another category that I can apply in without having to put up the $100,000 bond. I am a fully qualified bricklayer (which is on the modl) my skills have been passed.I was thinking Independant Skills category. Any help or advice would be priceless as I am desperate,Thankyou,Pete.
Sorry to hear that - a real kick in the guts - Not much help with the advise either I`m afraid but will send you some k.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Heathertoes will become famous soon enoughHeathertoes will become famous soon enough

You must be gutted. Can't believe they can take something like that as a ruling - you'd think that blood relatives would be the deciding point. Any chance of appealing?
The positive thing is that at least as a bricklayer you should surely stand a very good chance on some other visa. There are so many different ones no doubt someone will fill you in. We are going in (hopefully) on the SIR visa and won't need to cough up the $100k, but obviously it does restrict where you want to go.

Best of luck

Heather
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest you contact an agent to help you. George Lombard is good and has a high rep, did ok for us.

Jo
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 8:59 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear your news.

Can you contact a legal agent and take advice? (I'm sure there's one recommended on here but I can't remember their name - maybe do a search of the Aus Immi forum)

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:06 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pete

Gutted to hear your news hun... if you need to "off load" please email me!
As for agents, George Lomard at www.austimmigration.com.au is fantastic.....
Claire
x
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:08 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pete, I've just had a quick look for you and it seems you should be able to go under a skilled independant 136 visa. I had a quick stab at the points test for you:
skills: 60
MODL: 15 (this is assuming you don't have a job offer)
English: 20
This gets you 120 points which is what you need to apply, then to add on there are points for specific work experience which is an additional 5 or 10 points depending which criteria you fill. I think it's 5 points for working 12 out of the last 12 months or 10 points for working 3 out of the last 4 years. This has to be work done in your case as a bricklayer.

Looks like this could be the route for you, but you'll have to check out the DIMIA website for all the details.
Marie
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:13 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

We're going STNI to Victoria, You dont need a bond or family sponsorship, just TRA approval, then state nomination which has to be approved, then you apply for the visa, which is a PR visa, but you have to stay in Victoria for 2 years.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Jo

Last edited by Joanne; Jul 3rd 2005 at 10:04 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Bananas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joanne
We going STNI to Victoria, You dont need a bond just need or family sponsorship, just TRA approval, then state nomination which has to be approved, then you apply for the visa, which is a PR visa, but you have to stay in Victoria for 2 years.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Jo

OMG i'm sooo sorry

I havn't got mine back yet
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

zerocash is an unknown quantity at this point

Pete,
did you use an agent to start with? if so they should have know this, so get some re-dress with them. If not George Lombard is very good.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:45 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear your terrible news, thought I'd give you a bump back to the top.
Sarah
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

How awful - not to mention a lot of wasted time, effort & cash - am sending karma. Bet that detail isn't mentioned on the dima website !!

Still - good news is, now that brickies are on the modl you should be able to get skilled ind without having to put up the bond.

Good luck
Old Jul 4th 2005, 1:43 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Just wanted to say, there is another poster on the forum who had a visa refused for the exact same reason, and is currently appealing the decision. Do a search on the immigration forum.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by superam74
Have you sent you a pm. Michelle
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:06 am
superam74

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Have you sent you a pm. Michelle
Thankyou to everyone who has helped with my predicament over the last week.Your help & kind words have been just the tonic I needed. I've switched agents & we're going for the Skilled Independant Category.Once again thankyou,your place in heaven has been reserved! ,Kind regards, Pete.