Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa refused after granted ?

Visa refused after granted ?

Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:02 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa refused after granted ?

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Wot is a CHAV !?

yes....ignorance prevails here too.....please someone explain what a 'chav' is.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:16 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by banjo
Council House And Violent
Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:18 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chaval
hmmm..charged him with:

assault - as he might have put them in fear of pending harm
battery - as he touched them without their consent
kidnapping - holding them against their will

I know...the laws worse than George W Bush

Close, they arrested him and tried to charge him with false imprisonment.

One of the thugs parents actually came round and apoligised.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

It's short for 'chaval'
Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Christ Chaval where do you live, nothing like that has ever happened to me...maybe it was your driving
Old Sep 8th 2005, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

BESWETAJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe the last 3 posters who have said 'it's only an egg.' !! SO what?! It doesn't matter what was thrown at the car.....it was something. It wasn't their property. Just having a laugh? Please. How pathetic. If any of you have kids then I pity the local community you are raising them into.
Some of us are trying to raise children to have respect for other people and their property and people like you are undermining that.

I for one think it is deplorable and I would most certainly have taken the reg number and reported it. OP.....two wrongs don't make a right.....

rant over
Soooo contradictory ! using language like Fu---ng and W--ker and other expletives does not to my mind teach children any respect at all. How can hearing your parents use such language teach respect? Or am I missing the point here. AND don' pity my community my children do have respect for others and I trust them to behave when they are out in the way I have taught them to behave - with respect. Only an egg - nodoby died !!!! Get it into perspective. The Poet DOH
Old Sep 8th 2005, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Council House And Violent
mmm

Last edited by BESWETAJ; Sep 8th 2005 at 6:43 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 7:48 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by BESWETAJ
mmm
Or is it 'CHeltnem AVerage'.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 3:47 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BESWETAJ
Soooo contradictory ! using language like Fu---ng and W--ker and other expletives does not to my mind teach children any respect at all. How can hearing your parents use such language teach respect? Or am I missing the point here. AND don' pity my community my children do have respect for others and I trust them to behave when they are out in the way I have taught them to behave - with respect. Only an egg - nodoby died !!!! Get it into perspective. The Poet DOH

Contradictory....how so? I haven't used any of the language you mentioned and certainly not in front of my children. Perhaps the OP did in his original post....but that's not related to what I said. I did also say that two wrongs don't make a right. I'm not condoning the OP's reaction but I find it absolutely astounding that there are people out there that don't see what it is that is wrong with young adults (not children!) throwing things at other peoples property.

You're quite right.....nobody died - this time. What if the they had been driving along, someone swerves goes into oncoming traffic, causes an accident in which someone is seriously injured or killed? Most likely not one of the perpetrators. Would you still turn around and say...'it's only an egg!' ?
Old Sep 9th 2005, 8:22 am
Bit more than Jnr. Member

alneve2oz is on a distinguished road

Contradictory....how so? I haven't used any of the language you mentioned and certainly not in front of my children. Perhaps the OP did in his original post....but that's not related to what I said. I did also say that two wrongs don't make a right. I'm not condoning the OP's reaction but I find it absolutely astounding that there are people out there that don't see what it is that is wrong with young adults (not children!) throwing things at other peoples property.

You're quite right.....nobody died - this time. What if the they had been driving along, someone swerves goes into oncoming traffic, causes an accident in which someone is seriously injured or killed? Most likely not one of the perpetrators. Would you still turn around and say...'it's only an egg!' ?
Absolutely. these "kids" have to be at least seventeen (unless they're joy riding - but hey, if they were, does it really matter? I mean they're *just* kids right? and no-one was hurt). Pur-lease, it's "kids" like these who have no respect for others and their property (and people like "Poet" who condone such actions) that make a good case for renaming this country to "Not So Great Britain". Mind you, people like the original poster who want to go and "wrap a tyre iron around their head" (this is me paraphrasing) are also at fault. As others have said. It was only an egg, and the reaction to grabbing the tyre iron is, disturbing to say the least. Basically the "kids" are at fault, the poster is at fault, and anyone who thinks that any of the actions described in this thread is "OK" is at fault.

ok, rant over

(banjo - how many friends d'ya reckon I've made to day then!?)

Aj.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 8:25 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

almost as many as me
Old Sep 9th 2005, 10:37 am

almost as many as me
So at least one then?

here, have some Karma, and a pint
Old Sep 9th 2005, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

clivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really nice

Hey if things carry on the way they are going and so many of us emigrate to Australia the only people left in this country will be the criminals!! Mabye we could make the UK a Penial C olony
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by clivefawcett
Hey if things carry on the way they are going and so many of us emigrate to Australia the only people left in this country will be the criminals!! Mabye we could make the UK a Penial C olony
Now that WOULD be karma!! Considering how UK used to treat Oz!

"What goes around, comes around"

Aj.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ouch !!! Now who has egg on their face (and it HURT) so much !!!! But enough of this boring subject about Farm Fresh, Organic, Grade A's, the nitty gritty is - from the heart - no I do not condone that kind of behaviour but I could cope with it and far worse so I won't get stressed over a broken yolk and I do not live my life with "what if's" i'd never survive and I have to survive so that I can come on here and wind you up !"+ XXX My apologies if I hit a raw nerve but as this is a site for free speech thought I'd say my piece.

The Poet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.