British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Visa refused after granted ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/visa-refused-after-granted-324510/)

chaval Sep 6th 2005 6:10 pm

Visa refused after granted ?

Hi All...just a quickie..I was driving to the DIY shop early today with my wife when some f**king chavs drove up by us and hurled and egg at the car...W**kers. Anyway I was about to drive after em and wang my trusty 7 iron round their heads and smash up there sh*te corsa when it occured to me, that if I did and got arrested etc would i have declare it having already been granted my visa and but not already validated it and if so could i have my visa app overturned ?

I guess i know the answer and yea i have calmed down now, but belive u me i was fuming at the time.

Just wanted share that with you all.

Cheers

C :mad:

Storini Sep 6th 2005 6:16 pm

Re: Visa refused after granted ?

Sounds like you're getting into the spirit of Ozzie hoon driving there... :)

pompeywill Sep 6th 2005 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by chaval
Hi All...just a quickie..I was driving to the DIY shop early today with my wife when some f**king chavs drove up by us and hurled and egg at the car...W**kers. Anyway I was about to drive after em and wang my trusty 7 iron round their heads and smash up there sh*te corsa when it occured to me, that if I did and got arrested etc would i have declare it having already been granted my visa and but not already validated it and if so could i have my visa app overturned ?

I guess i know the answer and yea i have calmed down now, but belive u me i was fuming at the time.

Cheers

Last friday someone I know caught 2 lads breaking into his van so he grabbed hold of them and dragged them into his house, then called the police.

Can anyone guess what happened when the police arrived??

robos Sep 6th 2005 6:19 pm

Cheers

cant answer that for you but all i no is nothing is worth putting a whole new life for
i no what you mean i would of felt the same too infact i would of drove after them because i tend to take action first then think later
keep your cool remember your new life

jan & gaz xx :beer:

chaval Sep 6th 2005 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Last friday someone I know caught 2 lads breaking into his van so he grabbed hold of them and dragged them into his house, then called the police.

Can anyone guess what happened when the police arrived??

hmmm..charged him with:

assault - as he might have put them in fear of pending harm
battery - as he touched them without their consent
kidnapping - holding them against their will

I know...the laws worse than George W Bush

chaval Sep 6th 2005 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by robos
cant answer that for you but all i no is nothing is worth putting a whole new life for
i no what you mean i would of felt the same too infact i would of drove after them because i tend to take action first then think later
keep your cool remember your new life

jan & gaz xx :beer:

I know mate...funny really cos they were laughing an i thought...laugh all u like sonny jim cos where we're off to u aint got a chance of getting in. chav scum !!

anyway off to the pub to gloat abit more about our new life...

Laters

C :) bit happier now...

Bradley7 Sep 6th 2005 7:19 pm

Cheers

Well you could have ended up inside on GBH for quite a while and not been able to validate your visa so yes you could have lost it then when you reapplied you could have been refused as having a criminal record! But stay cool and calm only kids having a laugh, no harm done, or just make note of their reg no and report them to the Police :)

BESWETAJ Sep 6th 2005 7:35 pm

Cheers

Blimey mate get things into perspective !!! It was an EGG ! Did it hurt you !!! Doesn't sound like you are calm to me, plenty of use with the old expletives - here's the question is Australia ready for you !!!

The Poet

logan Sep 6th 2005 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by BESWETAJ
Blimey mate get things into perspective !!! It was an EGG ! Did it hurt you !!! Doesn't sound like you are calm to me, plenty of use with the old expletives - here's the question is Australia ready for you !!!

The Poet

:D :D

aussie73 Sep 6th 2005 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by BESWETAJ

The Poet

It was only an egg they threw at your car, what harm can it do to your car? If it was a brick or a rock l would understand why you would want to beat them up.

banjo Sep 6th 2005 10:46 pm

I can't believe the last 3 posters who have said 'it's only an egg.' !! SO what?! It doesn't matter what was thrown at the car.....it was something. It wasn't their property. Just having a laugh? Please. How pathetic. If any of you have kids then I pity the local community you are raising them into.
Some of us are trying to raise children to have respect for other people and their property and people like you are undermining that.

I for one think it is deplorable and I would most certainly have taken the reg number and reported it. OP.....two wrongs don't make a right.....

rant over

kevinm Sep 6th 2005 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by banjo
I can't believe the last 3 posters who have said 'it's only an egg.' !! SO what?! It doesn't matter what was thrown at the car.....it was something. It wasn't their property. Just having a laugh? Please. How pathetic. If any of you have kids then I pity the local community you are raising them into.
Some of us are trying to raise children to have respect for other people and their property and people like you are undermining that.

I for one think it is deplorable and I would most certainly have taken the reg number and reported it. OP.....two wrongs don't make a right.....

rant over

I agree with you banjo, what difference what was thrown. (dont you think a egg smashing on a windscreen of a car could cause a accident ?)If they were driving means they were not kids. This is just something we have to accept these days as kids seem to have little respect.
Im saying this because 2 days last week I had a different tyre let down at work. Is there such a thing as a 'chav' in Australia ?

logan Sep 7th 2005 5:57 am

rant over

I don't think the other posters condoned what the 'chavs' did, they just didn't agree with his knee-jerk reaction to the incident ;)

Timber Floor Au Sep 7th 2005 6:03 am

some f**king chavs drove up by us and hurled and egg at the car...W**kers. :

Wot is a CHAV !?

woodyinoz Sep 7th 2005 6:20 am

rant over

Quite well said.
I hope that you didn't have kids in the car. Did anything provoke them.
My Dad warned us that the UK has got worse in the last 2 years but for that sort of behaviour to be ACCEPTABLE is appalling.
Thank goodness that we don't have gun laws as something like that could really cause a lot of trouble.
Luckily I haven't seen road rage here but I wonder do you get BBQ rage :D