Reload this Page >

Visa on Expired passport

Visa on Expired passport

Old Apr 6th 2023, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Rikki Tarr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa on Expired passport

Hello,

Not sure if anyone has any experience with this.

I am in Oz and have PR. I have recently renewed my British passport, but my visa is linked to my old passport. As I went through a migration agent I am unable to update the passport number on my visa using the ImmiAccount process so have filled in the online form (14 day processing time). I need to fly internationally next week for a week and am a bit concerned. Using the VEVO my visa is showing as still linked to my old passport.

I've read online from a few places, including some official Australian consulate websites you can present your expired passport and new passport at the airport to provide your visa information.

Has anyone any experience of this?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 6th 2023, 2:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa on Expired passport

Originally Posted by Rikki Tarr
Hello,

Not sure if anyone has any experience with this.

I am in Oz and have PR. I have recently renewed my British passport, but my visa is linked to my old passport. As I went through a migration agent I am unable to update the passport number on my visa using the ImmiAccount process so have filled in the online form (14 day processing time). I need to fly internationally next week for a week and am a bit concerned. Using the VEVO my visa is showing as still linked to my old passport.

I've read online from a few places, including some official Australian consulate websites you can present your expired passport and new passport at the airport to provide your visa information.

Has anyone any experience of this?

Thanks in advance.
Thats defnitely the way to go. Take both passports with you, and also allow extra time for check in just in case the system hasn't updated and they need to check with Immigration.