Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Teachers/Nurses in South Australia.

Teachers/Nurses in South Australia.

Old Apr 6th 2023, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light
Default Teachers/Nurses in South Australia.

Are there any nurses or teachers on here who left the UK to work in South Australia, so had to carry out a working with children screen check?

I ask because my youngest is going to be working with children, and we have never lived in SA, so have never held a SA driving license.

Now we all have a MyGov account,

https://login.my.gov.au/las/mygov-login?execution=e1s1

which allows access to the ATO and Medicare etc. But it would seem without a SA driving license, you cannot create a SA mygov account,

https://www.sa.gov.au/mysagov/account

so in essence we cannot get a working with children screen carried out. Just wondering is this correct?

I ask because overseas nurses seem to be able to gain a position prior to arriving in SA, yet it seems without a working with screen check it would be impossible to gain any position in health care?

https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/rights-...creening-check

What you’ll need
100 point ID check
You will need to verify your identity as part of the application process.
You can:
• Verify your ID online, if you have:
o an Australian driver’s licence, and
o any one of these:
 Australian birth certificate
 Australian passport
 Australian citizenship certificate.

We have a Oz passport and Citizen Certificate, but no SA driving license.

Called up a few people and non the wiser.

Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 6th 2023, 2:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teachers/Nurses in South Australia.

Originally Posted by blackcab
Are there any nurses or teachers on here who left the UK to work in South Australia, so had to carry out a working with children screen check?

I ask because my youngest is going to be working with children, and we have never lived in SA, so have never held a SA driving license.

Now we all have a MyGov account,

https://login.my.gov.au/las/mygov-login?execution=e1s1

which allows access to the ATO and Medicare etc. But it would seem without a SA driving license, you cannot create a SA mygov account,

https://www.sa.gov.au/mysagov/account

so in essence we cannot get a working with children screen carried out. Just wondering is this correct?

I ask because overseas nurses seem to be able to gain a position prior to arriving in SA, yet it seems without a working with screen check it would be impossible to gain any position in health care?

https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/rights-...creening-check

What you’ll need
100 point ID check
You will need to verify your identity as part of the application process.
You can:
• Verify your ID online, if you have:
o an Australian driver’s licence, and
o any one of these:
 Australian birth certificate
 Australian passport
 Australian citizenship certificate.

We have a Oz passport and Citizen Certificate, but no SA driving license.

Called up a few people and non the wiser.

Thanks for any help.
As someone who spent 20 years explaining to various government departments, and the post office_ that not everyone has a driving licence, I feel your annoyance! Its very unusual that they don't give you the choice of Passport or Driving Licence for the 100 point check

If you look further down the page under the ID stuff, there's a link to "Print and Seek verification" that might be the way to go, longer winded than online but has more options. Have you also tried the email address on the page? [email protected]

Hope this helps
Old Apr 6th 2023, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Poly.

Print and Seek verification requires your physical presence in SA. So of no use if your in the UK.

Ball aches is the term.
Old Apr 6th 2023, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Possibility is. Living born in SA there's more chance of having a driving license than a passport having been born there if you've never travelled overseas.

I've remailed them. So I guess there will be no way of securing employment before arrival.
Old Apr 6th 2023, 11:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcab
Cheers Poly.

Print and Seek verification requires your physical presence in SA. So of no use if your in the UK.

Ball aches is the term.
Yep I think in most States the Working with Children can only be done on arrival. Never did one myself but I have a fiend who moved to WA to work as a nurse. He got employment on condition he got the Working With Children on arrival. The check was also connected to the specific job, so he had to wait for the job offer, and then he did the forms, sent them to the employer, who then submitted them.