visa evidencing

Old Nov 26th 2004, 8:44 am
ims
Just Joined

ims is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa evidencing

hello everyone in this forum!

A very good day to you all. I am new member in this forum although I have been reading the threads for the past few months. I am having some problems with visa evidencing and I would appreciate if you have any advise regarding solving the problem. I was granted PR visas earlier this month (Skilled Designated Area Sponsored) and I sent the passports of me and my wife with the grant letter to Berlin on the 15th by courier. I unfortunately did not arrange a return courier for them to send back the pasports (as I did not know that I had to do it and there were no information regarding that on the grant letter) but I sent a fax to Berlin requesting them to use a courier and send me the bill. The grant letter mentioned that at least 5 working days should be allowed for evidencing but now its over 9 working days and I still have not got our passports back. I tried to contact the Berlin office but they would not give any information regarding the status. We made arrangements to travel overseas during the first week of December but now I have cancelles it because of the uncertainity. I actually informed the situation by fax to the visa section in Berlin but as you can understand there has not been any effect. Is there anyone who had similar experience? Do they need to investigate anything before evidencing which might delay the process? Any advice?

Thanks you all