Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Application

Visa Application

Old May 11th 2006, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

MarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really nice
Cool Visa Application

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me who are eligable to sign copies of documents that need to be sent with your VISA application.
Can a solictor or doctor do this or does it have to be a notary or justice of the peace?

Many Thanks
Mark
Old May 11th 2006, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Application

Originally Posted by MarkieB
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me who are eligable to sign copies of documents that need to be sent with your VISA application.
Can a solictor or doctor do this or does it have to be a notary or justice of the peace?

Many Thanks
Mark

A solicitor is fine. Although some JP's do it for about £8 for the lot.

Not sure about doctors, some will say they are Ok to do it. I didn't want to risk it though.
Old May 11th 2006, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

MarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really nice

Originally Posted by WendyC
A solicitor is fine. Although some JP's do it for about £8 for the lot.

Not sure about doctors, some will say they are Ok to do it. I didn't want to risk it though.
Many Thanks again Wendy your a big help.
Old May 11th 2006, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Many Thanks
Mark
Hi I got my Gp to do mine, I just booked an appointment he signed them all, no charge. My OH got his mate in work to do his CIMA, no charge, and we got our visas no problems,
Old May 11th 2006, 4:55 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Many Thanks
Mark
Try a newly qualified solicitor, quoted us £5.00 on the phone, we turned up with loads of documents for him to sign, he then explained it was £5.00 per signature, we gave him the puppy eyes and he settled for the £5er for the lot. hehehehe.
Bet he doesnt make that mistake again.
Paul