Taking a moped?

Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of
Default Taking a moped?

Hi,
We are hoping to move to Perth.
My hubbie was wondering about taking his moped. He uses it at the moment going to and from work. Is it a lot of hassle? Would be grateful for any info.
Thanks
Sharon.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:50 pm
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Taking a moped?

Originally Posted by pioneer
Hi,
My hubbie was wondering about taking his moped. He uses it at the moment going to and from work. Is it a lot of hassle? Would be grateful for any info.
Thanks
Sharon.

It is if you want to ride it over However shipping no problem remember to pack your union jack crash helmet
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:52 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Thanks
Sharon.
Mine wants to take his T5.....he cant bear to part with it
Old Aug 21st 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ransi
Mine wants to take his T5.....he cant bear to part with it
Sorry very dim, what is a T5?
Sharon
Old Aug 21st 2005, 9:02 pm
jan
classy clipper

Sharon
Could it be another type of two wheel transport
Old Aug 21st 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jan
Could it be another type of two wheel transport
I guess it could be! I think my hubbie is mad too take it, I wish he would
get rid. Do you see many on the roads over there. We were in Perth at
Easter, saw a few motorbikes, not sure we saw any mopeds.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 9:17 pm
jan
classy clipper

I guess it could be! I think my hubbie is mad too take it, I wish he would
get rid. Do you see many on the roads over there. We were in Perth at
Easter, saw a few motorbikes, not sure we saw any mopeds.

I guess it depends if it is economical to transport over if not why not sell in the U.k.and buy a scooter or moped when you arrive with the money.Some posties use mopeds for deliveries.I guess they are O.k. for short distance travel.

Last edited by jan; Aug 21st 2005 at 9:22 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Aug 21st 2005, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jan
I guess it depends if it is economical to transport over if not why not sell in the U.k.and buy a scooter or moped when you arrive with the money.Some posties use mopeds for deliverys.I guess tyey are O.k. for short distance travel.
I can see a new career for him- postman.
I have always wanted to see him in a uniform.
Thanks for advice.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:05 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Sharon
It's a scooter - Vespa T5
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

The only time i really saw mopeds was in the cities. Which part of Aus are you heading for?

I'm not sure its worth the hassle of bringing it over. I did have a friend who bought over his large motorbike and he had to pay all sorts of charges and had to have 2 extra digits added to his chassis number to comply with Aussie regulations. Not sure if the same applies for mopeds, best check.

Last edited by Flutterscutter; Aug 21st 2005 at 10:55 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
The only time i really saw mopeds was in the cities. Which part of Aus are you heading for?

I'm not sure its worth the hassle of bringing it over. I did have a friend who bought over his large motorbike and he had to pay all sorts of charges and had to have 2 extra digits added to his chassis number to comply with Aussie regulations. Not sure if the same applies for mopeds, best check.

Sorry just read which part of Aus you going to! just got up. have sleepy dust in my eyes
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:58 pm
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
Sorry just read which part of Aus you going to! just got up. have sleepy dust in my eyes
Or they are swollen!...
Old Aug 21st 2005, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ransi
Or they are swollen!...

LOL.. now don't you start!!
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 5:46 am
Just Joined

Mantelis is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been in Perth for a year and a half now and wish that I brought my scooter over with me. In fact I missed it so much i have recently gone out an brought another one to go to and from work (70km round trip). However rather than the 50 cc I had in the UK I have gone for a 125cc (and had to take a motorbike test - easy !!) to keep up with the traffic as travelling along Marmion Ave to and from work you need to keep up rather than be in the gutter and overtaken by everyone.

I haven't been riding it for a few weeks now as it's winter and too cold in the mornings (funny how quick you acclimatise !!) but will be dusting it off very soon. I've found that Perth drivers are not used to bikes on the road so you do have to be wary but I'm sure this'll change with time as seem to be more and more bikes around.

Hope this helps !
Old May 11th 2006, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

wanted to bump this up as my daughter wants to take a vespa that her dads done up for her. but wanted to know how much tax we'd be liable to pay on arrival in aus! any help gratefully appreciated please.
deb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.