visa

Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Chunky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa

Could anyone help? how long will my spouse visa take to process . Hubby got his aussie passport friday .

Is it better to get the kids done now ? ( citizenship )

Then my visa ?

thank you if anyone can help, hoping to be in oz some time this year.

Ann Marie

Last edited by Chunky; Jan 21st 2004 at 6:58 am.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:47 am
WBB

Default Re: visa

Originally posted by Chunky
Could anyone help how long will my visa take to come thought the post . Hubby got is aussie passport friday .

Is it better to get the kids done now ?

Than my visa ?

thank you if anyone can help hopeing to be in oz some time this year.

Ann Marie
slow down, what are you asking again???

Old Jan 21st 2004, 6:10 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Im with you Billy .

Ann Marie, when did you apply for your visa? I presume it was a spouse visa since Paul is an Aussie?
Old Jan 21st 2004, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Chunky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby here.

Her question is aimed at those that may have applied for a spouse visa and how long thier application took to process.

We also have to register the kids as little aussie's.

does anyone know how long these applications take ?

She is dyslexic and sometimes struggles with her spelling and grammar but slowly getting there, at least she has started posting her own threads now lol.

Now if only she would register under another name

Paul.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 7:09 am
WBB

Hubby here.

Her question is aimed at those that may have applied for a spouse visa and how long thier application took to process.

We also have to register the kids as little aussie's.

does anyone know how long these applications take ?

She is dyslexic and sometimes struggles with her spelling and grammar but slowly getting there, at least she has started posting her own threads now lol.

Now if only she would register under another name

Paul.
i have applied for a spouse visa, you can check the processing times on the timeline site (click my sig)

we had the kids turned into little aussies and it took a matter of weeks although it did say on the form it could be a couple of months.

when i sent off the application they wanted to see the citizenship papers for the kids, hope this helps.

Old Jan 21st 2004, 7:10 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well she signed it Ann Marie, so we knew it was her, if you had stayed as Paul&AnnMarie it would have made more sense .

As for the visa, spouse visas are very quick, I think somewhere in the order of 6-8 weeks. Others will probably have more idea than me, especially those who actually applied in the UK. Billy is still hanging out for his .

Dont know about the kids, complete unknown.

Pssssst, btw, I have never looked at toast the same way again! LOL
Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:08 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visa

Could anyone help? how long will my spouse visa take to process . Hubby got his aussie passport friday .

Is it better to get the kids done now ? ( citizenship )

Then my visa ?

thank you if anyone can help, hoping to be in oz some time this year.

Ann Marie
For straight forward front end loaded spouse visas without character or health complications (at London AHC) the time seems to be anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks.

Someone else will have to answer the kids question.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:18 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Well she signed it Ann Marie, so we knew it was her, if you had stayed as Paul&AnnMarie it would have made more sense .

As for the visa, spouse visas are very quick, I think somewhere in the order of 6-8 weeks. Others will probably have more idea than me, especially those who actually applied in the UK. Billy is still hanging out for his .

Dont know about the kids, complete unknown.

Pssssst, btw, I have never looked at toast the same way again! LOL
I know people here have advised me to apply for visa while I am in uk, Im gonna apply next time Im back in OZ because the guy I spoke with at dimia in sydney told the misses that we could call him and set up a meeting and we would go for lunch while he checked the application, he said he would make a decision on the spot for married visa especially since I have an ozzie born toddler.

Was this guy bullshitting ? He was very nice.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:31 am
WBB

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
I know people here have advised me to apply for visa while I am in uk, Im gonna apply next time Im back in OZ because the guy I spoke with at dimia in sydney told the misses that we could call him and set up a meeting and we would go for lunch while he checked the application, he said he would make a decision on the spot for married visa especially since I have an ozzie born toddler.

it does sound a little unconventional, but who knows?

Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:38 am

They can make a decision on the spot but it depends on the attitude of the officer. It can take longer down under and the other risk is (which you have already bypassed) is at border entry. As long as you are of good character and healthy I cannot see there being a problem.

Just get your application in before your visa expires.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:42 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
They can make a decision on the spot but it depends on the attitude of the officer. It can take longer down under and the other risk is (which you have already bypassed) is at border entry. As long as you are of good character and healthy I cannot see there being a problem.

Just get your application in before your visa expires.
For the experience of friends, I think it very much does depend on the visa you are on when you enter Oz. Those on 3 month ETAs can have trouble and you are more likely to be put on a bridging visa without work rights, which is a pain in the bum. Got a mate in Sydney who has married an Aussie and applied for spouse visa onshore and is having no end of trouble. But then you have a kid, so this will help....
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:15 am
Rocket Scientist

Luke, I really have no idea, others in the thread would know more than me, Dagboy hasnt even applied yet!

The only thing I can tell you is that the shortest time that I know of for approval was 9 days (in Oz), doesnt mean it couldnt be shorter tho. Good luck .
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:16 am

Originally posted by bundy
For the experience of friends, I think it very much does depend on the visa you are on when you enter Oz. Those on 3 month ETAs can have trouble and you are more likely to be put on a bridging visa without work rights, which is a pain in the bum. Got a mate in Sydney who has married an Aussie and applied for spouse visa onshore and is having no end of trouble. But then you have a kid, so this will help....
The bridging visa will have the work rights of the applicants current visa.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:19 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
The bridging visa will have the work rights of the applicants current visa.
In other words, not on an ETA.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 9:22 am

Originally posted by bundy
In other words, not on an ETA.
Exactly Bundy. As Mr DB has a 457 which allows him to work for his current employer his brisging visa will allow him to carry on in his current job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.