Reload this Page >

Virgin and flying with babies

Virgin and flying with babies

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Diggeryd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Virgin and flying with babies

Hi there!

Now we are in the position to make our visa validation trip to Oz this summer we have to choose an airline for the (frankly terrifying) flight with a 10/11 month old boy.

I have read lots of good things on here about Singapore Airlines and babies, but as a frequent Virgin flier to the US I wondered if anyone has experienced the new virgin flights via Hong Kong with baby?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

DD
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

THYE.A. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Virgin and flying with babies

Originally Posted by Diggeryd
Hi there!

Now we are in the position to make our visa validation trip to Oz this summer we have to choose an airline for the (frankly terrifying) flight with a 10/11 month old boy.

I have read lots of good things on here about Singapore Airlines and babies, but as a frequent Virgin flier to the US I wondered if anyone has experienced the new virgin flights via Hong Kong with baby?

DD
We fly to Melbourne with our then 5 months pld son last October.Everything is fine.

Just give the baby more water as it is dry in the cabin.A pram/stroller will be handy in the airport.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 7:31 pm
Gold Coast

rachandjon is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Virgin and flying with babies

Hi there!

DD
Hi DD
I cried with laughter at your ' frankly territying' flight. I am in the same boat, dreading the flight, I have a slightly older baby girl , but one that does not sit still for more than 46 seconds . I can see my hand luggage being filled with a variety of bribes.

Lets hope we have understanding fellow passengers

I have heard very good reports about Singapore airlines, but nothing on Virgin, sorry.

Good luck anyway!

Rachel
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

hi - i have flown with virgin several times - although my boys were older (earliest being 4ys old) everytime we have flown with them they have been fantastic - when we returned from florida last year there were empty seats on the plane - so the steward let them have a whole row of seats each to lay down on & sleep! - there were several babies on that flight and from what i could tell the steward/ess seemed to be very helpful - warming bottles & bringing childrens meals out first. i can also remember they even helped out a mum that had run out of nappies.
as i said my children are older, so i dont know how different it would be with a younger child - but i would have no hesitation to use / recommend them

hope that helps

pootle
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:20 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

We flew San Francisco-London with Virgin last June when Josh was 15 months & they were great. Gave him lots of attention & they had a good selection of food for him as well. The sky cot was not as good as Singapore Air though. As we were leaving the plane I overheard the chief stewardess saying to her colleague that Josh was 'a little cutie', so that made my day.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Hi there!

DD
Hi, Haven't done the London - Hong Kong/Sydney flight yet, but have flown many time on Virgin to US and thay are fantastic with kids. We are taking our 6 month old to Florida next month so will be able to say more then as that will be the first time we are flying with kids, but have gone with friends with babies to LA from London and Virgin were great.

I'm sure that our first trip to Sydney will be on Virgin.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 4:17 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Saw the thread title and thought !what an oxymoronic sentence"! <g>

Just HAD to read it and find out........
Old Feb 4th 2005, 5:23 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

I've flown with Singapore airlines with a 6month old, and the service is fantastic, cannot recommend them enough. The skycot provided is the biggest of all commercial airlines (well it was when we flew, and that was about a year ago), and allows the baby of that age to sit up in it.
Also definitely take a stroller along, you can use it right until boarding the airplane.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 6:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
Saw the thread title and thought !what an oxymoronic sentence"! <g>

Just HAD to read it and find out........
I had the same thought when I first saw it, Rog, but didn't dare post it....