Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Victoria - How bad is winter weather...

Victoria - How bad is winter weather...

Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Victoria - How bad is winter weather...

As rapitts used a flimsy excuse to post some pictures of Sydney ( ) , I thought I'd do the same for those heading to Victoria.

This is how young_lass and I spent yesterday....
Attached Thumbnails Victoria - How bad is winter weather...-1.jpg  
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

And another...
Attached Thumbnails Victoria - How bad is winter weather...-2.jpg  
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

...last one (sorry, don't know how to do them all in one post)
Attached Thumbnails Victoria - How bad is winter weather...-3.jpg  
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:56 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

YOUNG LAD!!

Great to hear you are here at last! Whereabouts are you in vic then? Another Melbournite?

Nice pics. We spent the w/e up in Adelaide and the weather was great there. The wife actually got to give a Koala a pat on the noggin which she was rather thrilled about.

Then we got back to the Mount......and guess what.....it rained.

Then it rained some more.

This morning.....it rained. Sense a pattern?

It was nice this arvo though, and its meant to be ok tomorrow.....
Old Jul 5th 2004, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Pete!

Yeah, we've been in Australia for a few months now. We did the tourist thing first (Sydney, Rock & Reef) and are now in Melbourne.

We've never made it to SA but if it does nothing but rain there we might just stay in Melbourne...
Old Jul 5th 2004, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

How bad is winter weather in Vic?? Probably not as bad as summer weather in Vic (sorry, couldn't resist - this was Glenferrie Rd in Hawthorn (near where I lived) last Dec!!

Where were your pics taken? Are they up the other side of the Dandenongs?
Attached Thumbnails Victoria - How bad is winter weather...-firemen_glenferrie-rd2.jpg  
Old Jul 5th 2004, 3:36 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
How bad is winter weather in Vic?? Probably not as bad as summer weather in Vic (sorry, couldn't resist - this was Glenferrie Rd in Hawthorn (near where I lived) last Dec!!
Blimey, HP, your pic looks like a still from 'The Day After Tomorrow'!

Did you also get spooky empty tankers drifting up Swanston St & coming to rest outside the public library, where... (oops, musn't say any more, as will spoil the plot).

Actually, ISTR the BBC 24 news showed footage of the Melbourne floods last year.

Anya,
Old Jul 5th 2004, 3:38 pm
2007 Emigrants

Mike & Zoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by young_lad

e've been in Australia for a few months now. We did the tourist thing first (Sydney, Rock & Reef) and are now in Melbourne.
Still planning what to do when we "land"...
What did you do with all your belongings while you were doing the 'tourist thing' - or have you got connections out there already ?
Old Jul 5th 2004, 3:50 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Was that the "once in 100 years storm" HP ???
Old Jul 5th 2004, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
Was that the "once in 100 years storm" HP ???
well there were two like that in December (one on the night of the 2nd...not sure of the date of the other.)
Old Jul 5th 2004, 4:58 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
well there were two like that in December (one on the night of the 2nd...not sure of the date of the other.)

I remember one of them, I was working nightshift & there wasn't much work done, it was around 8 Hrs of constant Lightening with rain coming down like Ive never seen before.
I remember going home in the morning & because my house is on a slope, my front garden had overnight become my back garden.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Mike & Zoe
What did you do with all your belongings while you were doing the 'tourist thing'.....
Our shippers stored our stuff in the UK for about 2 months before sending it on its way. They didn't charge us extra for this - in fact I can't praise them highly enough for the service they provided. They were John Mason.