Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Very Sudden Move

Very Sudden Move

Old Feb 28th 2009, 11:33 am
Just Joined

crunchyfruit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Very Sudden Move

Hey there guys, new to this forum. Well I just have a question concerning my families very sudden desire to move back to Australia. Here is some background information. We moved to Australia about 4 years ago as my wife is Australian and the kids have dual citizenship so it made it easy however after 3 and a half years there we decided to come back to the UK.

We did not realize that our quality of life was far superior over there than here in the UK. The kids schools were not as good, the weather and also the people made us feel rather grumpy. We are only renting here and we still have property in AUS, we will be moving to AUS on Tuesday 3rd March 2009, that´s in about 3 days time. My son does have a place at his old school in Australia for as soon as he lands there, however the school here in the UK (gov school) does not yet know of our move as it was very sudden, I am going to send them a letter on Monday informing them of our move, this is very short notice.

Will the school here have issues of me informing them of our move of country if we tell them the day we´re leaving via email or letter. He has a school in AUS to go to as soon as he lands. I´m thinking they´re just going to have to live with it and bid him good luck?

Any other thoughts?
Old Feb 28th 2009, 11:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very Sudden Move

It's nothing to do with the current school if you up and go to Aus, or anywhere else in the UK come to that. A letter will suffice. Has he had a chance to say goodbye to his friends? Could ne not pop in with some sweets to say goodbye to them? Then you could have a quick word with Admin and hand the letter in in person. That's what I'd do anyway.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 11:57 am
Just Joined

crunchyfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

I have organized to let him invite good friends the evening before we leave to say farewell etc. However recently he has had a very high temperature and is feeling poorly (living here has given him one cold after another). I do want him to get better before the flight so he will be sadly missing school on Monday, the whole family is craving to return however I want to do this without any conflicts that will be a burden to our move. Thank you for your say on the matter, I do agree the school will just have to accept our move.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 2:38 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

OOooh you don't 'alf sound dead posh

Good Luck with the move. I'm sure the school will be fine about it, and if they aren't what can they really do?

It's from Jan (innit)