Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Very Random Questions

Very Random Questions

Old May 2nd 2010, 2:05 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Very Random Questions

We brought oak furniture and had no problems at all. We also brought bamboo washable nappies and again no problems.
Old May 2nd 2010, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Dream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really nice

Originally Posted by sarahburns
dont u worry theres lots and lots of knitting yarn at spotlight in australia... its pretty much my favourite place in the world!
Is it easy to get knitting bargains? I love to knit but the yarn prices seem very expensive when I checked online ...
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:40 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Ebay is always good to check for knitting patterns. Spotlight does loads as well.

Furniture is fine as long as it's treated. We bought loads of wooden stuff over, leather sofas too. We had some rattan baskets, left them behind just in case.

Clothes are no problem. Make sure the soles of shoes are clean. I put all my shoes in a separate box, that way if they need to be checked, they were all in the same place. Jeyes fluid is very good for cleaning soles of shoes and anything else that comes into contact with mud/dirt.

Your removal company should overload you with forms about what you are bringing. List everything.
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

sarahburns is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dream_Catcher
Is it easy to get knitting bargains? I love to knit but the yarn prices seem very expensive when I checked online ...
varies between 2-8AUD a ball of yarn id say.. dunno if thats cheap or expensive.. im happy