Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Very competitive car insurance

Very competitive car insurance

Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:40 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Very competitive car insurance

Just browsing the web looking for a cheaper comprehensive insurance for Mrs Wol's car when it is due next month.

The best was Comminsure.

Honda Integra Luxury, 1 year old, Market value and two named drivers: $0 excess:

Annual premium $0.00; if paid monthly $0.00 pm.

Seems like a good deal to me - anyone better it?

(Owned by Commonwealth Bank I believe - is this a clue........?)

Last edited by Wol; Feb 28th 2006 at 5:41 am. Reason: title
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:19 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Very competitive car insurance

Originally Posted by Wol
Just browsing the web looking for a cheaper comprehensive insurance for Mrs Wol's car when it is due next month.

The best was Comminsure.

Honda Integra Luxury, 1 year old, Market value and two named drivers: $0 excess:

Try www.budgetdirect.com.au

They surprised me with a good quote. Now just trying to decide if I should switch and save $50, or stay with a well known company ?

Having been involved in Insurance in the past I am a bit wary

PS: I like your premiums

Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:26 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Very competitive car insurance

Originally Posted by Wol

The best was Comminsure.

There's an awful lot of zeroes in that quote. Are you sure it's right?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Try www.budgetdirect.com.au

They surprised me with a good quote. Now just trying to decide if I should switch and save $50, or stay with a well known company ?

Having been involved in Insurance in the past I am a bit wary

PS: I like your premiums
I insured the Golf with them. Very good premium & as I have no knowledge of Aussie insurance companies & happy with them. Car insurance is one of the few things that is really cheaper here & I mean 40% cheaper in our case.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 7:06 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Somebody or Other
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Nuff said.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 7:27 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I insured the Golf with them. Very good premium & as I have no knowledge of Aussie insurance companies & happy with them. Car insurance is one of the few things that is really cheaper here & I mean 40% cheaper in our case.
An insurer is only as good as the claims dept - trust me i know i work for one of the robbing bas**rds !!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:52 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
An insurer is only as good as the claims dept - trust me i know i work for one of the robbing bas**rds !!
I can vouch for RAC's claims dept( or at least so far) some idiot decide to park in my front wing the other week, called RAC, got straight through asked them what the process was for getting it fixed, ive got to drop it at the repair centre next week, they get a taxi to take me to work, they then assess the damage, start work that afternoon, and hope to have it done the next day, they'll let me know when and will send a taxi to take me there to collect it.
A couple of days after putting in the first call I get a call from my claims consultant who is looking after it to check I had all the address details etc.
Yesterday I got another call from them to remind that it was booked in for next week.
So no complaints as yet.... I just know im cursing myself with this one