Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help 45 yrs old need visa info !!!

help 45 yrs old need visa info !!!

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:54 am
Just Joined

mekayla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help 45 yrs old need visa info !!!

Hi everyone, it has been a couple of years since i was on this site, i was then applying for my visa i now live on the gold coast in Queensland, i came here on a skilled designated area sponsored applying to be with my dad in Tasmania, i spent a year there and have now been on the gold coast for 2 years.
If i can answer anyones questions i am more than happy to help or i can find it out.
But i need the advice of anyone who has reached 45 years old and decided they want to live in oz, what visa class did you or can you apply under, it is my husbands cousin and his partner who would like to move over she is 47 yrs old.
He is a panel beater and a qualified builder, they have no financial worries and only he has a child under 18.
Any feed back on this would be great or a recommended migration agent, he probably has no hope but you never know.
Thanks guys good luck to you all going through the waiting all i can tell you it is worth every single second.
Mekayla
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help 45 yrs old need visa info !!!

Originally Posted by mekayla
But i need the advice of anyone who has reached 45 years old and decided they want to live in oz, what visa class did you or can you apply under, it is my husbands cousin and his partner who would like to move over she is 47 yrs old.
He is a panel beater and a qualified builder, they have no financial worries and only he has a child under 18.
Best to ask on the immigration forum but general skilled migration (including skilled sponsored) is closed once you turn 45, sorry.

Employer nomination is the usual way for those aged 45+ to get in on skilled grounds, depending on circumstances. It's easier in regional Australia.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:54 am
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Best to ask on the immigration forum but general skilled migration (including skilled sponsored) is closed once you turn 45, sorry.

Employer nomination is the usual way for those aged 45+ to get in on skilled grounds, depending on circumstances. It's easier in regional Australia.
You do not say how old your husbands cousin is? I am assuming he would be the one applying for the Skilled Migrant Visa? If he is under 45 then I don't think his partners age will matter. I could be wrong so make a quick call to a migrant agent and ask. They should answer a question like that for free.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharon_gareth
You do not say how old your husbands cousin is? I am assuming he would be the one applying for the Skilled Migrant Visa? If he is under 45 then I don't think his partners age will matter.
Absolutely correct. The 45 age bar only applies to the "skilled" partner, not to the spouse.