Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

validation tripin

validation tripin

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

guru j will become famous soon enoughguru j will become famous soon enough
Question validation tripin

How long did other validation trippers stay in Australia for?
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 2:49 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: validation tripin

Originally Posted by guru j
How long did other validation trippers stay in Australia for?
We're validating in April and we're flying into Oz for two days! Short and sweet! Why do you ask?

Nicky
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
We're validating in April and we're flying into Oz for two days! Short and sweet! Why do you ask?

Nicky
I wanted to know how little time people justify going to Australia for as it's a long way to go for a breif visit. My husband work's in the retail industry for a leading store who will not allow him to take his holidays at Easter as it is one of their busy times of year, so we have to go after the Easter holiday's for less than two weeks and would have to take the children out of school which I am not too happy about!.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:11 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to know how little time people justify going to Australia for as it's a long way to go for a breif visit. My husband work's in the retail industry for a leading store who will not allow him to take his holidays at Easter as it is one of their busy times of year, so we have to go after the Easter holiday's for less than two weeks and would have to take the children out of school which I am not too happy about!.

We are going for a rekkie trip for a month in June which means taking oldest child (6 years old) out of school, not sure the age of your child/ren but in our eyes the reason we are taking her out of school is for a trip of a life time, with the strongest chance it will be life changing, in our eyes, taking her with us for a month we feel she will learn more about culture, countries, etc etc etc than she will ever learn by being in school for a month, suppose we are very lucky in that she is a very bright wee thing, so dont feel she will have a problem in catching up when we get back. The school have already said they are happy to give her work etc to take with her, suppose it will help to pass the time on that long old flight!!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by toon williams
We are going for a rekkie trip for a month in June which means taking oldest child (6 years old) out of school, not sure the age of your child/ren but in our eyes the reason we are taking her out of school is for a trip of a life time, with the strongest chance it will be life changing, in our eyes, taking her with us for a month we feel she will learn more about culture, countries, etc etc etc than she will ever learn by being in school for a month, suppose we are very lucky in that she is a very bright wee thing, so dont feel she will have a problem in catching up when we get back. The school have already said they are happy to give her work etc to take with her, suppose it will help to pass the time on that long old flight!!
We have two boy's 12 & 14 years old eldest will be doing SATS this year so have to be careful about time out of school, as it's too important.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:49 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

We have two boy's 12 & 14 years old eldest will be doing SATS this year so have to be careful about time out of school, as it's too important.

Yes I can see we are lucky as she is still so young!! I went in and asked the school best time for her to go, as she is doing SATS apparently in May next year. They were very helpful, but I suppose we are now the fourth family to try emigrating to Oz in the last 12 months so they are getting quite good at this!!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:56 pm
"More wine please...."

Ozz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to all

Hi,
We are going end of march for just short of a month.... school were fine about taking them out a little longer than the Easter break, we have a 7 & 8 year old and no probs at all !!
Can't wait I will be validating the HOLY GRAIL when I arrive....hubbie and kids will be sailing through on the other queue for Oz Citizens ..."S'NOT FAIR"
as my 8 year old often says !!
Tilly
x
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozz&Tilly
Hi,
We are going end of march for just short of a month.... school were fine about taking them out a little longer than the Easter break, we have a 7 & 8 year old and no probs at all !!
Can't wait I will be validating the HOLY GRAIL when I arrive....hubbie and kids will be sailing through on the other queue for Oz Citizens ..."S'NOT FAIR"
Tilly
x
Hubby has one day's leave left til march then new hols in April, I have loads as we have our holidays given from our birthdays were I work so get my new ones in the autum.

We really are going to have to plan the trip it all has started to get complicated with SATS, wish we could go at the end of the summer holidays but can't due to a number of complicating factors.

We took the boys out of school first week in November for a trip to Morocco which was the first time we have ever had to have a week out of school as we do belive they have enough holidays, and to ask for any more time out would really be awful.

I really can not wait to go and validate though I have not visited Australia since 1989! so excited!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozz&Tilly
Hi,
Tilly
x
Actually, when you arrive at immigration in Australia, you can all go through the same channel. The sign says "Australian citizens and their families" or something like that. We've been twice now and hubby (who has a spouse visa) always goes in the same queue as us. No probs at all.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 12:16 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave

Nicky
Wow! You're gonna spend longer in the air than in Oz!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:07 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by wmoore
Wow! You're gonna spend longer in the air than in Oz!
We are flying out and coming back the next day!

Jayne
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
We are flying out and coming back the next day!

Jayne
Wow that is brief! really brings new meaning to the term flying visit
Old Feb 5th 2006, 10:08 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that is brief! really brings new meaning to the term flying visit
<Groan>
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Two and a half weeks....~10 days in Perth, 7 in Sydney (and a few days in Singapore on the way over).

SS
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:32 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Two and a half weeks....~10 days in Perth, 7 in Sydney (and a few days in Singapore on the way over).

SS
3ish weeks (4 nights in Sydney 2 Weeks in Brisbane and one final night in Sydney)