vague moments

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vague moments

met someone a while ago in the street, she hugged me asked me how the family were, named them all, knew my name and then off she went

who was this women has anybody else had these moments, im sure i should know her but i dont

arlene
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:22 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

Yes, I've had very similar occurences!! Rather embarassing eh?

The worst one was when I was in London with my mates and we were just past Planet Hollywood or something and I saw this guy walking towards us and I was sure I knew him, so when he caught my eye I did the
"hi how are you? Haven't seen you for a while!!" etc, etc
Anyway, this guy politely joined in with my conversation and my friends looked on bemused.
After he'd walked away I made a comment like"I can't remember where I know him from!" to which my friends delightly told me
"You F@*!ing idiot,,,,,, that was Micheal bloody Caine!!"

Yes, I did feel a tad foolish!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: vague moments

Originally posted by arlene
met someone a while ago in the street, she hugged me asked me how the family were, named them all, knew my name and then off she went

who was this women has anybody else had these moments, im sure i should know her but i dont

arlene
Yeah i get these alot lately, Chanelle thinks i have alzheimers as this week i have put the butter in the cupboard instead of the fridge, i swore blind that the socks she had got out of her drawer were not mine as she said then about 10 minutes later i realised someone had bought me them for my birthday in July! then this morning i got her chocolate out of the fridge and put it in my handbag instead of her lunch box! maybe she's right, will i still pass the medicals!!!
:scared:
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

rach

went to the medicals on wednesday took passports copy of smear result, letter from drs but forgot my purse:scared: :scared: , luckily des has his wallet which he never normally carries with credit cards in it

arlene
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:38 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Did similar thing in tv station I worked in started up a conversation with the news man when I crossed paths with him in the corridors and then realised I knew him but he didnt know me from adam.... very embarrassing
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default arlene

rach

went to the medicals on wednesday took passports copy of smear result, letter from drs but forgot my purse:scared: :scared: , luckily des has his wallet which he never normally carries with credit cards in it

arlene
glad im not the only forgetful one! why did you have to take smear test result? do you have to have a smear before the meds?
not that i'm worried as i have them regularly anyway, just want to be prepared
rach x
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

rach

they ask you in the meds for a copy of your latest smear result, i think if you havnt got one then they do one

arlene
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

rach

they ask you in the meds for a copy of your latest smear result, i think if you havnt got one then they do one

arlene
I've totally lost it after having my second child. The number of times I'm having a conversation with someone and totally forget what it was about... I taught before I had my baby and I often see kids who I've taught, but when they get a bit older (they grow up so fast) it totally confuses me!
I often worry that I'll do something totally brainless, like forget to pick my older child up from school or something!

:scared:
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really nice

Thats weird I had my medical in June and they never mentioned smear at all. Must have got off lightly!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 10:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Never asked me either - wasn't on the form,and I wasn't asked about it.
Sounds like you had a very thorough doc there, Arlene
Old Oct 4th 2003, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I too have moments like that. Being a nurse I've had hundreds and hundreds of patients/families that I've dealt with over the years and I'm so ashame when one of these folk greet me and thank me for all my hard work looking after their Mum/Aunt etc. I'm sorry but all these encounters do is have me wracking my brains all day

Gill
Old Oct 4th 2003, 8:57 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Amanda&Paul
Thats weird I had my medical in June and they never mentioned smear at all. Must have got off lightly!
Amanda&Paul,
we had our medicals in May this year and the doctor asked my wife for her smear test results, but she hadn't had one and that was the end of that. It didn't seam to matter.
We still got our medicals and the doctor said all was fine

Bye
Markeh