Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

V-slicer - Has anyone bought one?

V-slicer - Has anyone bought one?

Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: V-slicer - Has anyone bought one?

Originally Posted by molloymj
Hi all,

When watching GMA every morning (only for a while we are travelling the East Coast before we get jobs) I see the same advert for a chopping device called the V-slicer. I have become so annoyed by the advert that I want to buy one!!

Just wondering if anyone has actually bought one of these and whether they are any good!

Thanks!

Mike.

Your lucky your 'constant ad' was only for a V slicer, we are being driven mental by funeral plan ads :scared:

A couple of glum looking minor aussie celebs wearing suits will sit in armchairs and discreetly discuss how much it will cost to have your nearest and dearest put into a box and disposed of, while raising thier eyebrows and tut tutting meaningfully.

Around $5000 seems to the going rate, a sum which apparently puts the average aussie into life threatening debt levels :scared: you are then advised how to take up a funeral plan by a reassuring but now slightly worried looking minor aussie celeb. As long as your under 74 and not planning to top yourself in the next 15 months no medical is needed.

I'm brainwashed show me where to sign
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:11 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Your lucky your 'constant ad' was only for a V slicer, we are being driven mental by funeral plan ads :scared:

A couple of glum looking minor aussie celebs wearing suits will sit in armchairs and discreetly discuss how much it will cost to have your nearest and dearest put into a box and disposed of, while raising thier eyebrows and tut tutting meaningfully.

Around $5000 seems to the going rate, a sum which apparently puts the average aussie into life threatening debt levels :scared: you are then advised how to take up a funeral plan by a reassuring but now slightly worried looking minor aussie celeb. As long as your under 74 and not planning to top yourself in the next 15 months no medical is needed.

I'm brainwashed show me where to sign
Yea, and what about the, "Internet Funeral" one, where you can log onto a funeral on the net if you can't attend personally!!

I always laugh at that one cos I can't help thinking that they'll be a bit on the screen that says, "Double click on the coffin to see who's dead"..
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:15 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jib
V Slicer £3.99 in UK, $89.95 in Aus
wow, you could make a fortune importing these! No home should be without one!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:51 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Sandra
oH BUM

They are sold out, I am back in the UK in a few weeks and I was going to get my sister to order it so I could bring one back - talk about price difference!!
It's still available in the UK at http://www.simplyshoppingtv.co.uk/ but for £24.95

or

You can get it in Australia from http://www.maar.com.au/borner-v4%20slicerG.htm for $49.95

Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:12 pm
ABCDiamond

Or if you really want to shop around http://www.ewingelectrical.com.au/vslicer.htm for only $39.95

Ebay has one at the moment going for $61.01 !!

The bids have been:
AU $25.00
AU $40.00
AU $40.00
AU $42.00
AU $45.00
AU $47.05
AU $55.00
AU $60.00
AU $60.01
AU $61.01

Maybe there is more than one type of these things for such price differences

Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:50 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Yep got one as well bought in 1990 by the way for the grand total of £10 and guess what hasn't been out the drawer in years. Mines orange!

Last seen in Woolies before I left last year similar price. Have also seen them in Whitfords in the kitchen shop.

Jenny
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:58 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by molloymj
Hi all,

When watching GMA every morning (only for a while we are travelling the East Coast before we get jobs) I see the same advert for a chopping device called the V-slicer. I have become so annoyed by the advert that I want to buy one!!

Just wondering if anyone has actually bought one of these and whether they are any good!

Thanks!

Mike.

The bloke who does that advert has to be one of the most annoying f**kers on Australian TV.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:11 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

My friend had a V Slicer and cut himself really badly. nearly took off the fleshy bit under his thumb. mind you being male are you surprised, he was trying to do a demo and showing off
Old Jul 20th 2005, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

got one...and after one or two little cuts to my fingers...(dont go near those blades) all is now ok use it all the time
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

I have one - my dad (of all people) bought me one from a home exhibition in Cambridge, I think. I swear by it. I find it easy and convenient and it chops up the food brilliantly. I don't use it on a daily basis, but when I need finely chopped veg, it's fantastic.

You do have to be careful, though - those blades are incredibly sharp. I keep it in its box in an accessible place, so it easy to whip out and then as soon as I have finished using it, I rinse it in warm soapy water and put it away again.