Reload this Page >

using a migration expert ?

using a migration expert ?

Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

griffin007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default using a migration expert ?

Hi,
we are planning to migrate to Brisbane, not started the process yet a bit unsure where to start, all a bit mind-blowing.

Would anyone recommend using a migration expert or is it better to go alone ?

Does any one have a guide to the process ?(from their own experience), we are planning to migrate under the skilled migrant visa

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Old Jan 20th 2004, 8:23 pm
gld
Forum Regular

gld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: using a migration expert ?

Originally posted by griffin007
Hi,
we are planning to migrate to Brisbane, not started the process yet a bit unsure where to start, all a bit mind-blowing.

Does any one have a guide to the process ?(from their own experience), we are planning to migrate under the skilled migrant visa

As far as visas are concerned suggest that you follow a policy of either, 1, 2 or 3.

1. Use an expert such as Ian Harrop and Associates or Emigration Group or Concept or Visa Unit - if you want someone who will do it for you. Then mull over is the cost worth it? Perhaps Option 2 then. If still not convinced - try 2.

2. Visa Unit will actually teach you how to do your own visa! Then if you are still not convinced 3 is your option.

or

3. Just go for broke and DIY

Who is now left??

Those who selected Option 2 i.e. those who have decided to be taught how to do their own visa.

After being taught they know where they stand.

That results in choose A, B or C, because you now know the issues.

A. You have decided on a let somebody do it for you policy - because you haven't got time to learn the process and DIY is not what you want - because you have complex visa issues.

or

B. You now know that you can do it yourself

or

C. You won't get in.

Some visas are complex others are simple - the above will put you in a fully informed position to make a rational logical decision.

Everyone is an individual and not one visa application is the same.

Best of Luck
Old Jan 20th 2004, 8:26 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Hi Griffin,

I can't really help, but may be able to point you in the right direction, if you hadn't found them yet:
It's the immigration forum of British Expats. At the very top there is a FAQ for immigration, the same as the one above this forum.
In the immigration forum you will probably get some good help on this, though most it answered in the FAQ I think.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...php?forumid=32

Anyway, the FAQ also guides you to the 'official' goverment website, www.immi.gov.au
There you can also download a booklet, which takes you through the whole proces. I think for you it's booklet 6.

By most people, migration agents are only recommended when you have a very tricky application, or you have a heap of money!
But if you do go with one, make sure they're registered! And it's usually the ones IN Oz that people recommend I've seen.

Good luck!!
There's heaps of others doing it themselves too, and this forum(and the immi one) are a great help!

Old Jan 20th 2004, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

pete 10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there.
Firstly Personally I would ! recommend a migration consultant.
Although it will cost you,when applying under the skilled catergory one of the most important parts is applying to get your skills recognised by the TRA you need to go into great detail about training undertaken qualifications/certificates etc.The help and advice from a consultant gives peace of mind as they know exactly what the TRA require etc..
We are in the process of sending information to the TRA and have so far found them to be very helpful and have provided some good advice.We are using Global visas to help.So far they seem to be okay,but it is early days having said that you are paying them so they need to look after you.
Alot of people do do everything themselves you can download TRA and DIMIA application forms from the internet and get heaps of info.
We are looking to go to either Brisbane or Perth not decided until we visit both,although we have more information on Perth as we have second cousins there.Brisbane though does come highly recommended.
Hope this helps a bit good luck let us know how you get on.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point

If its any use to anyone, I did my TRA on my own without an agent (Plumber, at the time of application was working for dad, now self employed!) It seemed quite straight forward really, just send them everything that you can, even if it seems a bit irrelevant.

Then, 3 years later when I could apply for the Visa, I got an agent to do it (1st contact, who have been brilliant so far).
Doing this almost halved their charges.

Mind you, I still havent had it
Old Jan 20th 2004, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

griffin007 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everyone, it seems me and hubby need to work this out ourselves, thanks for links advise etc,
i'm sure we'll be in touch again soon
Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:10 pm
Go Banana's !!

Hi,

WE didn't / aren't using an agent. Felt we could be more in control and push our own interests better as an agent would have lots on there books, we could have been wrong with this thought process, but Hubby passed his skills assessment no probs (got a reply in 2 weeks).

He basically wrote the largest CV ever with supporting documentation, reporting structures etc etc etc..... and applied the logic - too much info is better than not enough.

One thing we did do which may have helped the assessment process. We set it out like you would a presentation and put an index and contents pages in. We divided into sections and made it look as professional as poss. Another one of our strange thought processes (we have alot of them) was that if it was easy to read it would put the assessor in a good mood while examining the information.

And we will never know if that helped or not.

If you use the DIMIA website and print the brochures off and read the guidelines and use this site to help, I'm sure you can DIY.

Best of luck

Jill