Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Using an Emigration Agent or going it Alone?

Using an Emigration Agent or going it Alone?

Old Jun 5th 2006, 6:28 pm
Just Me

RodMac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Using an Emigration Agent or going it Alone?

Hi,
Has anyone got any advice on using an Emigration Agent instead of apply direct to DIMA yourself.

If you have have any recommendations for agents that would be helpful also.

We are trying to get into SA on a Regional SIR vis 495.

Thanks
Old Jun 5th 2006, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Richard4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Using an Emigration Agent or going it Alone?

hi there. unfortunately ive no idea. ive just stumbled across this site. We are after going for a 136 permanant residancy visa i think !! but just havent got a clue where to start, it very confusing, i think i need a form 47SK.

as for the agents, i think i might have to use one but i think your talking about £1500 !!

good luck and if i find anything out got you i will let you know.

Richard
Old Jun 5th 2006, 8:21 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richard4
hi there. unfortunately ive no idea. ive just stumbled across this site. We are after going for a 136 permanant residancy visa i think !! but just havent got a clue where to start, it very confusing, i think i need a form 47SK.

as for the agents, i think i might have to use one but i think your talking about £1500 !!

Richard
Ian Harrop at Oxford seem to be good so far. Money well spent I think
Old Jun 5th 2006, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richard4

Richard

I can't help much with the SIR visa as I don't know the process, but I can help with the 136.

You need to have your skills assesed firstly. To find out who you need to apply to look here The important thing to remember with your skills assesment is that the more information you can put on it and the more evidence of your qualifications the better.

When you get your successful assessment back the next step is to send in a 47sk form and a form 80 for each applicant over 16. Meds and police checks can either be done at around the 3 - 4 month mark (front loading) after your application is recieved or you can wait for a request. You can find a checklist of other things you need to send with your application here

If you decide to front load anything you need to put on your file number, which is usually in the format of CLF2006/xxxx or similar. Front loading really depends on your situation. If you have a house to sell for instance, it may not be an idea to front load as you will need to validate your visa before 12 months of the earliest date of either police checks or medicals, (sometimes 6 if you need to sign a health undertaking) But if you want to go as soon as visa is granted then it will save you around 4 - 6 weeks of waiting.

Police checks need to be done for anyone aged 15+. These can be requested from your local station of can be done online (just google your local force name.)

Meds need to be done for all applicants, X-rays for anyone aged 11 +
Forms can be found below along with a list of doctors.

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html
Old Jun 5th 2006, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

wow. thats very kind of you. thanks a million
Old Jun 5th 2006, 8:26 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy's gonna train to be a migration agent when she gets to Oz, so make use of this free info while you can
Old Jun 5th 2006, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Using an Emigration Agent or going it Alone?

will do, she a natural.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 8:50 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Wendy's gonna train to be a migration agent when she gets to Oz, so make use of this free info while you can
She's a star is'nt she? She ceases to amaze me!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2006, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RodMac
Hi,
Has anyone got any advice on using an Emigration Agent instead of apply direct to DIMA yourself.

Thanks

The best I can do to help you is point you to this page I'm sure that someone who has gone down this route will be able to help you much more than I can.

All the best with your application
Old Jun 5th 2006, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RodMac
Hi,

Thanks

Hi ,

For an agent it has to be Ian Harrop, has a superb reputation and has attained heaps of people their visas, Darrel Todd at Thinking Australia would be another excellent agent. There are obviously many more but personally I would have these two in my top 3 choices.

I wish you luck with it all.

Tony
Old Jun 6th 2006, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I used ASA and would definitely use them again if I had to. They were always on hand to answer any questions and their service was superb.

SS
Old Jun 6th 2006, 2:07 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
I used ASA and would definitely use them again if I had to. They were always on hand to answer any questions and their service was superb.

SS

We used www.gomatilda.com, Alan Collett is your initial contact. Our TRA and main app were turned around in superfast time, can you afford to get it wrong? The penalties for a single mistake can be enormous, at least an agent gives you peace of mind, best money we ever spent!