Spouse visa?

Old Jun 4th 2006, 8:35 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Question Spouse visa?

Anybody else applied for a spouse visa and what sort of timeline was it?
Old Jun 4th 2006, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse visa?

Originally Posted by shiels
we are about to apply too; seems its a fairly short period, ie matter of weeks. Hope so as we plan to leave in November.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 8:59 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpa34
we are about to apply too; seems its a fairly short period, ie matter of weeks. Hope so as we plan to leave in November.
Does one of you have citizenship? OH is hoping too, hence I will need spouse visa.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:18 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I am currently about to sponsor my OH. We were filling out the forms today. I am the citizen.

I hope it doesn't take too long!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:32 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I got my missus and son's visas in four working days. Took me three flipping months to piece all the info together mind you, but four days to actually get the passports back stamped with the visa.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

foxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nice

Hi,
I applied for a spouse visa back in March. I front-loaded it without an agent. Posted on the Thurs, got the visa on the Monday. So I can recommend this method, and also send your current passport as well.

Gemma
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by foxall22
Hi,
I applied for a spouse visa back in March. I front-loaded it without an agent. Posted on the Thurs, got the visa on the Monday. So I can recommend this method, and also send your current passport as well.

Gemma

Yes, I did this - took weeks to get all the stuff ready but then I posted it on the Thursday, and it was back with me on the Wednesday. Spouse visas seem to be a rubber stamp job imo as long as there's lots of evidence to show them.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

nmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura about

I had a similar timeline to Gemma above, although I went through an agent (waste of money IMO). Application arrived on the Fri, I had a phone-call from the AHC on the Monday and they granted it immediately. It did take months to collate all the documentation though!

Good Luck with you application
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:13 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nmccallum
I had a similar timeline to Gemma above, although I went through an agent (waste of money IMO). Application arrived on the Fri, I had a phone-call from the AHC on the Monday and they granted it immediately. It did take months to collate all the documentation though!

Good Luck with you application

Heck yes, that was a waste of dosh... the spouse visa is very easy to fill in. They must have seen you coming!
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

nmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by iPom
Heck yes, that was a waste of dosh... the spouse visa is very easy to fill in. They must have seen you coming!
I know - it was a waste of cash! But it was a bit of a crazy situation too!! I never in a million years thought I'd be living in Aus by 2006. I'm South African and my boyfriend an Aussie, we were both living in the UK. And then one day we arrived back in London at Heathrow from a holiday in South Africa and the immigration officials didn't like the look on my boyfriend so they refused him entry! So we were stuck and suddenly needed to make a new plan and well the first thing we did was went to an agent for advice....it all seemed to steam roll ahead from there!!

Next thing I knew I was living in Aus!!! All a bit scary and daunting...still!!
Old Jun 5th 2006, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We actually applied in Australia and were granted a bridging visa whilst they looked at the application. We applied at Easter and the visa was granted in June although I do think it was held up by my daughters medical as she kept having to repeat the urine test.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

pomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shiels
In the partner booklet you get off their site it says after 2 years if your still toghter your assessed for PR well its bloody more then 2 years really they write to you about a month before your 2 years are up needing police check more state DECs some paper work filled in, and a letter saying it can take another 7 months , its more like 24months +

Has any body got it under two years on on the 24 months?

for me its more like 27 months, then you got 2 years + for citizenship as your temp visa dont count for nothing i get the filling partner migration are People Australia doe sent really want they half make it hard for partners to come here with all the paper work delays and red tape.

O just remembered now 3 years for citizenship soon.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 7:11 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomref
In the partner booklet you get off their site it says after 2 years if your still toghter your assessed for PR well its bloody more then 2 years really they write to you about a month before your 2 years are up needing police check more state DECs some paper work filled in, and a letter saying it can take another 7 months , its more like 24months +

Has any body got it under two years on on the 24 months?

for me its more like 27 months, then you got 2 years + for citizenship as your temp visa dont count for nothing i get the filling partner migration are People Australia doe sent really want they half make it hard for partners to come here with all the paper work delays and red tape.

O just remembered now 3 years for citizenship soon.
Well - don't know about that timeline, but when I applied for my wife and son's visas they came back as full PR - 'indefinite leave to remain permanently in Australia' etc. I gather this is standard practice now.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Well - don't know about that timeline, but when I applied for my wife and son's visas they came back as full PR - 'indefinite leave to remain permanently in Australia' etc. I gather this is standard practice now.
Depends how long you have been together If you can prove you have been in a spouse relationship longer than 5 years you go straight to PR, otherwise you get 2 years temporary before you can apply for PR
Old Jun 5th 2006, 7:51 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Depends how long you have been together If you can prove you have been in a spouse relationship longer than 5 years you go straight to PR, otherwise you get 2 years temporary before you can apply for PR
OH is just applying for citizenship now as his mom was Australian but he did'nt realise he could apply! I will then need spouse visa. thanks for all the replies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.