Reload this Page >

USA Vs. Australia - Kindly post ur feedback

USA Vs. Australia - Kindly post ur feedback

Old Jul 14th 2009, 5:49 am
Just Joined

cynthiagu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: USA Vs. Australia - Kindly post ur feedback

Originally Posted by Deancm
In todays world, there is no such thing as job security. That is a remnant of the past. Do your job properly or you're out the door.
Agreed. Esp when the economy is messed up like what it is now...
Old Jul 14th 2009, 5:51 am
Just Joined

cynthiagu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eva-usa
Hello Freinds,

I know this question has been asked many times. But still need help with lot of info.

I am living in US from past 7 yrs. I got my PR & ready to move to Ausi. I have couple of questions for the people who moved from USA to AUsi. Or who lived in USA & planning to move.

Pls comment on the following points. Which is better USA or Ausi ? & why do u feel that?

1. I am not planning to move to Ausi for making money. Money is less important for me. I need peace of mind , stady job & sense of security.
USA or Ausi - Why ?

2. My family (wife & 2 yrs old daughter) should enjoy there. Here in USA so far we feel its very lonely life. Even for my daughter we have to arrange play dates so that she can meet kids of her age. For me & my spouse, we are used to with lonelyness & materalistic life of USA. Whats the differnce in terms of family life & social circle.
USA or Ausi - Why ?

3. Education for my daughter. Which one is better ?
USA or Ausi - Why ?

4. Long term benifits, in terms of retirement etc. Which one is more convinient?
USA or Ausi - Why ?

5. Here in US, although I have good skill set I always feel insecure in terms of job. hows it different in Ausi?
USA or Ausi - Why ?

6. Overall which lifestyle is less stressful, more of fun & having more sense of security?
USA or Ausi - Why ?

I will greatly appreciate your genuine opinion on above matters.

Kindly help ...

Thanks,

Eva.
What makes you and your family move to Aussie after so many years in the US?
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Those links are for United States dual nationality law and not Australian law.
Good discussion on the subject.
Also a good article and a list of countries that permit dual citizenship here.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 14th 2009 at 6:43 am.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:45 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Good discussion on the subject.
Also a good article and a list of countries that permit dual citizenship here.
The article is 9 years old though Poll. It doesn't take into account changes in Australian citizenship law since then, or changes in other countries...India is one I can think of who's laws have changed.

e.g. this articles states that:

That is, if an Australian citizen applies to become a citizen of another country, the act of making that application will, once approved, lead to the loss of Australian citizenship.

...which I think is what Weebie is getting at but hasn't been the case since 2002.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

1. I am not planning to move to Ausi for making money. Money is less important for me. I need peace of mind , stady job & sense of security.
USA or Ausi - Why ?
Australia, I think they are perhaps less ruthless when it comes to shedding staff and the economy seems a bit more stable. But the big thing for me would be the amount of holidays.

2. My family (wife & 2 yrs old daughter) should enjoy there. Here in USA so far we feel its very lonely life. Even for my daughter we have to arrange play dates so that she can meet kids of her age. For me & my spouse, we are used to with lonelyness & materalistic life of USA. Whats the differnce in terms of family life & social circle.
USA or Ausi - Why ?
I think this question is almost impossible to answer as it will depend on where you live in the US and where you will live in Aus. Is relocating in the US an option?

3. Education for my daughter. Which one is better ?
USA or Ausi - Why ?
If she is very intelligent and you can get her to an ivy league university then the US, otherwise I still think achievement in life in 95% up to the individual. If she really wants and has the skills to be a doctor then she'll do it anywhere for example.

4. Long term benifits, in terms of retirement etc. Which one is more convinient?
USA or Ausi - Why ?
Don't know, but Americans always seem to be richer in retirement, but then we probably only see what the tv shows present to us and not the reality of most retirees.

5. Here in US, although I have good skill set I always feel insecure in terms of job. hows it different in Ausi?
USA or Ausi - Why ?
Same everywhere now, but I think Australia is a bit better in being fair to people.

6. Overall which lifestyle is less stressful, more of fun & having more sense of security?
USA or Ausi - Why ?
Depends on where you live. I have friends who are very rich and live in Rancho Sante Fe in Southern California - pretty hard to get a better lifestyle anywhere in the world if you ask me. But then someone living in inner city Philadelphia will have a different experience.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 7:10 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld

That is, if an Australian citizen applies to become a citizen of another country, the act of making that application will, once approved, lead to the loss of Australian citizenship.

...which I think is what Weebie is getting at but hasn't been the case since 2002.
That's correct. The citizenship reform act of April 2002.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 7:21 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Which is better USA or Ausi ?
Eva.
If you are high up the greasy pole, the USA.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61)

Thanks everyone for sharing lot of information.

Can anyone throw some light on job culture , security etc?
Please call this country Australia or the Oz, but not Ausi as there is no such expression that exists. You can call Australians as Aussies.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 7:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caliburn
Please call this country Australia or the Oz, but not Ausi as there is no such expression that exists.
Says who?
Old Jul 14th 2009, 7:39 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caliburn
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61)

Please call this country Australia or the Oz, but not Ausi as there is no such expression that exists. You can call Australians as Aussies.
Please ignore caliburn. Oz exists only as myth and legend, a dystopia to USAns and utopia to Poms. Aus will do nicely if you wish to be familiar.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by WillBlack
Please ignore caliburn. Oz exists only as myth and legend, a dystopia to USAns and utopia to Poms. Aus will do nicely if you wish to be familiar.
Yes but Oz is quicker to type!
Old Jul 14th 2009, 7:49 am
Banned

Yes but Oz is quicker to type!
A parapraxis commonly afflicting Poms.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/automa.../dual-citz.htm
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:29 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Weebie
I'm 24 Aussie whos heading to America as soon as I can. Obviously I don't have a family and am looking for more fun and more interesting Life. Anywhere here are the answers

1: Very good career opportunities over here in Australia! People here seem to think it is lacking compared to the UK and honestly I think that is a major pile of garbage. Salaries are high in Australia but cost of living is expensive.

Australia by no means is a haven for safety that people come for. Just last week I was attack by a vietnamese kid with a knife. If you live in a good area odds are you will be safer in the states.

Right now the economy is good but it's is lagging for sure and unemployment is still expected to hit around 8% mid next year.

2: Yeah still here in Australia I can randomly pop over ot my friends house so that culture is good. I don't thtink parents organise "play dates" as such.

3: High school education is not the best but most probably loads better than the states. Brits here think the education system here is poor but in reality most middle class aussie families send their kids to private schools and don't rely on the public system. The university education system in America is obviosuly the best in the world but you pay for it.

4: Reitiring I think would be loads easier in Australia.

5: Same as first bit America is in recession so you will feel worried. Australia is good atm but who knows how long that will last obviously though it will still be stronger.

6 I dunno it really depends I guess.
Whereabouts in OZ were you attacked by the vietnamese kid with the knife, did he stab you? was it a mugging.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:04 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

No one in Australia has a 3 passports. If you take out Aussie Citizenship you will automatically lose the US one so be careful. I'm Dual Aussie/US I know this.
Complete and utter bullcrap. One of the doctors I work with has US, Australian and UK passports. Australian was the last one she got - which was only in the last few years.
Also EU laws are changing. Only, GB, Ireland and Hollard will allow dual with Australia and even now they're very picky.
Again, bull.
I don't think Australia permits tri-citizenship. I had heard that it no longer supports dual-citizenship anymore for new citizens.
See above.
Anyone who thinks Aussie allows tri-citizenship anymore is deluded and have a 3 way nationality in this day and age simply does not exist especielly when High security concious countries like Australia and USA are involved.
Oh yes, they do.
In many cases people have a 3 way if the third is a poorer country that simply and other governments may not even acknowledge it ie Canada, GB and Sudan...But this would never involve Australia.
Since when is Canada considered one of the poorer countries?
Australian is good with UK, Ireland and a few countries but overall it is very difficult to dual. You will meet any Italian or greeks who came out in the sixties and seventies who when Aussie citizenship arrived were forced to give up their previous nationality.
Because of the laws of Greece and Italy, not Australia
I already have Australia/USA. Hypothetically If i took out HSMP and live in London for 20 years and I could never get UK unless I decided to drop one of the other passports. You would be made to choose.
I think you need to read up on multiple citizenships at www.citizenship.gov.au Then, consider some counselling for your delusions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.