Reload this Page >

USA Vs. Australia - Kindly post ur feedback

USA Vs. Australia - Kindly post ur feedback

Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

eva-usa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USA Vs. Australia - Kindly post ur feedback

Hello Freinds,

I know this question has been asked many times. But still need help with lot of info.

I am living in US from past 7 yrs. I got my PR & ready to move to Ausi. I have couple of questions for the people who moved from USA to AUsi. Or who lived in USA & planning to move.

Pls comment on the following points. Which is better USA or Ausi ? & why do u feel that?

1. I am not planning to move to Ausi for making money. Money is less important for me. I need peace of mind , stady job & sense of security.
USA or Ausi - Why ?

2. My family (wife & 2 yrs old daughter) should enjoy there. Here in USA so far we feel its very lonely life. Even for my daughter we have to arrange play dates so that she can meet kids of her age. For me & my spouse, we are used to with lonelyness & materalistic life of USA. Whats the differnce in terms of family life & social circle.
USA or Ausi - Why ?

3. Education for my daughter. Which one is better ?
USA or Ausi - Why ?

4. Long term benifits, in terms of retirement etc. Which one is more convinient?
USA or Ausi - Why ?

5. Here in US, although I have good skill set I always feel insecure in terms of job. hows it different in Ausi?
USA or Ausi - Why ?

6. Overall which lifestyle is less stressful, more of fun & having more sense of security?
USA or Ausi - Why ?

I will greatly appreciate your genuine opinion on above matters.

Kindly help ...

Thanks,

Eva.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

australia_im is on a distinguished road
Default Re: USA Vs. Australia - Kindly post ur feedback

On a forum full of people wanting to be in Australia, Australia is best.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by australia_im
On a forum full of people wanting to be in Australia, Australia is best.
I fully agreed with you that this forum is for australia.

But still my humble request to people who decided to leave US for Australia. Nothing wrong in knowing someone else view on this
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

Satch's wife here and I am an American. I won't raise my children in the US so I would definitely be leaning towards Australia. My kids are US citizens so they can live there in the future if they choose to and they spend a good deal of time there. Plus, if we stay in Australia long enough, the kids will be tri-citizens and will have loads of places to chose to live and work.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for sharing ur views. Whats the main reason for raising kids in Ausi over usa? Also my daughter is US citizen as well. Can she keep her US citizen or in other words does Australia allows dual citizenship?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

nova2bne is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: USA Vs. Australia - Kindly post ur feedback

We have just moved to Brisbane after living for 9 years in the USA.
From our point of view, life is calmer here (but we lived in DC), very family friendly- tons of kids, parks and programs.
Very beautiful surroundings, lots of places to go to during your free time.
Almost free healthcare is also good (but not too good quality) and lots of monetary help for families.
On the other hand, it's very hard to find a spot in daycare (we have a 3 yo), especially in the very good ones- almost impossible.
Services are a lot worse and prices are higher.
We miss great variety of food and restaurants a lot.
These are just my personal views, I bet there are people who see things differently
Old Jul 13th 2009, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

nova2bne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eva-usa
Thanks for sharing ur views. Whats the main reason for raising kids in Ausi over usa? Also my daughter is US citizen as well. Can she keep her US citizen or in other words does Australia allows dual citizenship?
Yes, she can. If we ever got our Au citizenship, our son is going to be triple citizen as we are from the EU originally.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Nova2bne,

Thanks for shring ur views. It is really helpful.

How abt job culture? I am IT professional & its very stressful here. Although I have very good experience in latest technology & always top in the line but always insecure in case of jobs.

I hope others will share their views too.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:33 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nova2bne
Yes, she can. If we ever got our Au citizenship, our son is going to be triple citizen as we are from the EU originally.
No one in Australia has a 3 passports. If you take out Aussie Citizenship you will automatically lose the US one so be careful. I'm Dual Aussie/US I know this.

Also EU laws are changing. Only, GB, Ireland and Hollard will allow dual with Australia and even now they're very picky.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Weebie
No one in Australia has a 3 passports. If you take out Aussie Citizenship you will automatically lose the US one so be careful. I'm Dual Aussie/US I know this.

Also EU laws are changing. Only, GB, Ireland and Hollard will allow dual with Australia and even now they're very picky.
Hi Webbie,

So it means Ausi doesnt allow dual citizenship with USA but USA allows that?

Kindly shade some light ...

Thanks,
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:50 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Freinds,

I know this question has been asked many times. But still need help with lot of info.

I am living in US from past 7 yrs. I got my PR & ready to move to Ausi. I have couple of questions for the people who moved from USA to AUsi. Or who lived in USA & planning to move.

Pls comment on the following points. Which is better USA or Ausi ? & why do u feel that?

1. I am not planning to move to Ausi for making money. Money is less important for me. I need peace of mind , stady job & sense of security.
USA or Ausi - Why ?

2. My family (wife & 2 yrs old daughter) should enjoy there. Here in USA so far we feel its very lonely life. Even for my daughter we have to arrange play dates so that she can meet kids of her age. For me & my spouse, we are used to with lonelyness & materalistic life of USA. Whats the differnce in terms of family life & social circle.
USA or Ausi - Why ?

3. Education for my daughter. Which one is better ?
USA or Ausi - Why ?

4. Long term benifits, in terms of retirement etc. Which one is more convinient?
USA or Ausi - Why ?

5. Here in US, although I have good skill set I always feel insecure in terms of job. hows it different in Ausi?
USA or Ausi - Why ?

6. Overall which lifestyle is less stressful, more of fun & having more sense of security?
USA or Ausi - Why ?

I will greatly appreciate your genuine opinion on above matters.

Kindly help ...

Thanks,

Eva.
I'm 24 Aussie whos heading to America as soon as I can. Obviously I don't have a family and am looking for more fun and more interesting Life. Anywhere here are the answers

1: Very good career opportunities over here in Australia! People here seem to think it is lacking compared to the UK and honestly I think that is a major pile of garbage. Salaries are high in Australia but cost of living is expensive.

Australia by no means is a haven for safety that people come for. Just last week I was attack by a vietnamese kid with a knife. If you live in a good area odds are you will be safer in the states.

Right now the economy is good but it's is lagging for sure and unemployment is still expected to hit around 8% mid next year.

2: Yeah still here in Australia I can randomly pop over ot my friends house so that culture is good. I don't thtink parents organise "play dates" as such.

3: High school education is not the best but most probably loads better than the states. Brits here think the education system here is poor but in reality most middle class aussie families send their kids to private schools and don't rely on the public system. The university education system in America is obviosuly the best in the world but you pay for it.

4: Reitiring I think would be loads easier in Australia.

5: Same as first bit America is in recession so you will feel worried. Australia is good atm but who knows how long that will last obviously though it will still be stronger.

6 I dunno it really depends I guess.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:53 pm
Banned

Hi Webbie,

So it means Ausi doesnt allow dual citizenship with USA but USA allows that?

Kindly shade some light ...

Thanks,
No Australia will dual with the US. My mom came our here when she was 22 nearly 35 years ago and only recently decided to get her Aussie citizenship 2 years ago. It wasn't an easy process by any means but she has it.

The US on the other hand may run into problems. even when I got into US passport control I get funny looks. Dualing passports is getting harder and harder to do.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Weebie,

Thanks its really helpful.

I worked in US for 7 yrs & companies doesnt care abt employees security. Its all dollar & penny calculations. If business is down u get the pink slip any day & noone is exception. from CEO to cleaner all treated same way.

So that dollar & penny culture is in Ausi too? I mean is it more professional like US?
Old Jul 14th 2009, 12:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie

Not quite true actually. I dont know what you base the last statement on, but the UK and Ireland at least have absolutely no problem with people holding multiple citizenships, and that isn't likely to change. .
As for holding three passport, thats also not accurate, it perfectly possible to hold three or more as long as all the countries involved allow multiple citizenship. I have a friend who will soon have AUstralia citizenship and three others as well.

However I'm not going to comment from the point of view of US passport holding as I belive that to e trickier when it comes to dual or triple citizenship.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 1:31 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Weebie's views on the subject of dual citizenship seem to be incorrect if this wiki article is to be believed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...al_citizenship

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.