Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

USA Vs. Australia - Kindly post ur feedback

USA Vs. Australia - Kindly post ur feedback

Old Jul 14th 2009, 1:40 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA Vs. Australia - Kindly post ur feedback

Originally Posted by asprilla
Weebie's views on the subject of dual citizenship seem to be incorrect if this wiki article is to be believed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...al_citizenship
also http://www.richw.org/dualcit/
Old Jul 14th 2009, 1:40 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
No one in Australia has a 3 passports. If you take out Aussie Citizenship you will automatically lose the US one so be careful. I'm Dual Aussie/US I know this.

Also EU laws are changing. Only, GB, Ireland and Hollard will allow dual with Australia and even now they're very picky.

Every single one of the above statements is wrong.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

3: High school education is not the best but most probably loads better than the states. Brits here think the education system here is poor but in reality most middle class aussie families send their kids to private schools and don't rely on the public system. The university education system in America is obviosuly the best in the world but you pay for it.
In the real world, there is scant difference, in fact most Aussies and Kiwis that work overseas are very well respected and are high achievers. And in reality that's what it should be about - can you train to do what you want and can you do the job when you graduate.

In fact working for a US company and having frequent dealings with US staff I am far from impressed at their general ability in the workplace.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nova2bne
Yes, she can. If we ever got our Au citizenship, our son is going to be triple citizen as we are from the EU originally.
I don't think Australia permits tri-citizenship. I had heard that it no longer supports dual-citizenship anymore for new citizens.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 1:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
I don't think Australia permits tri-citizenship. I had heard that it no longer supports dual-citizenship anymore for new citizens.
Not true. See the links posted above.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

eva-usa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for sharing lot of information.

Can anyone throw some light on job culture , security etc?
Old Jul 14th 2009, 3:32 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone who thinks Aussie allows tri-citizenship anymore is deluded and have a 3 way nationality in this day and age simply does not exist especielly when High security concious countries like Australia and USA are involved.

In many cases people have a 3 way if the third is a poorer country that simply and other governments may not even acknowledge it ie Canada, GB and Sudan...But this would never involve Australia.

Australian is good with UK, Ireland and a few countries but overall it is very difficult to dual. You will meet any Italian or greeks who came out in the sixties and seventies who when Aussie citizenship arrived were forced to give up their previous nationality.

I already have Australia/USA. Hypothetically If i took out HSMP and live in London for 20 years and I could never get UK unless I decided to drop one of the other passports. You would be made to choose.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 3:34 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eva-usa
Thanks everyone for sharing lot of information.

Can anyone throw some light on job culture , security etc?
People here aren't keen to dump people. Organisations are well aware that especielly within engineering that times will become good again and they want to hold on to good talent as much as possible. Also the end of financial year has gone so companies are less concerned about having dollars on the books.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
In the real world, there is scant difference, in fact most Aussies and Kiwis that work overseas are very well respected and are high achievers. And in reality that's what it should be about - can you train to do what you want and can you do the job when you graduate.

In fact working for a US company and having frequent dealings with US staff I am far from impressed at their general ability in the workplace.
Its part of the reason for the GFC I beleive, America has lost the plot business wise.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 3:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who thinks Aussie allows tri-citizenship anymore is deluded and have a 3 way nationality in this day and age simply does not exist especielly when High security concious countries like Australia and USA are involved.

In many cases people have a 3 way if the third is a poorer country that simply and other governments may not even acknowledge it ie Canada, GB and Sudan...But this would never involve Australia.

Australian is good with UK, Ireland and a few countries but overall it is very difficult to dual. You will meet any Italian or greeks who came out in the sixties and seventies who when Aussie citizenship arrived were forced to give up their previous nationality.

I already have Australia/USA. Hypothetically If i took out HSMP and live in London for 20 years and I could never get UK unless I decided to drop one of the other passports. You would be made to choose.
See links above. And anyone who calls JAJ deluded is a brave poster
Old Jul 14th 2009, 4:04 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll find it's you who's deluded. Australia does not require people to renounce their current citizenship when they become Australian citizens. Nor can it remove a person's citizenship of another country. Therefore if someone who is already a dual citizen applies for Australia citizenship and meets all requirements then there is no reason for it not to be granted. It is up to those other countries whether they choose to remove their citizenship.

You mention migrants from decades ago...did you stop to think that the Citizenship Act may have changed since then??
Old Jul 14th 2009, 4:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not if citizenship was gained prior to May 2002. This was when the law was changed.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 4:59 am
Account Closed

People here aren't keen to dump people. Organisations are well aware that especielly within engineering that times will become good again and they want to hold on to good talent as much as possible. Also the end of financial year has gone so companies are less concerned about having dollars on the books.
In todays world, there is no such thing as job security. That is a remnant of the past. Do your job properly or you're out the door.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 5:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Those links are for United States dual nationality law and not Australian law.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 5:39 am
Just Joined

cynthiagu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asprilla
Weebie's views on the subject of dual citizenship seem to be incorrect if this wiki article is to be believed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...al_citizenship
Frankly, I like my life here in the US. People here are nice and I enjoy my school here. But I move to the Aus to live with my family. I feel lonely here now and then when life is not so exciting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.