Urgent! What do I wear to Citizenship ceremony on Aus Day

Urgent! What do I wear to Citizenship ceremony on Aus Day

Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:16 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Urgent! What do I wear to Citizenship ceremony on Aus Day

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hi Louise

We are being "done" tomorrow too!! I am not going as far as a dress, but I was going to go smart tomorrow. I am really glad we are being made citizens on Australia day - it kind of makes it more special.

Hope yours goes well tomorrow as well.

Rudi

Hey, Us too! her indoors, me and the 4 children, seems to have come round very fast. Doesn't time fly when your having fun!!! ))) There are going to be 27 people in all, starts at 6.30pm, I'm told it can go on until 11pm, hope not for the childrens sake, they have skool on friday, and I want to get back for the cricket. Although the Lions Club is next door to the pub so maybe I'll sneak out at regular intervals.

Slater
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hi Louise

We are being "done" tomorrow too!! I am not going as far as a dress, but I was going to go smart tomorrow. I am really glad we are being made citizens on Australia day - it kind of makes it more special.

Hope yours goes well tomorrow as well.

Rudi
Good luck for tomorrow everyone.
We had our interview 15 Dec and we havnt heard anything yet about when we will have the ceremony,how long does it normally take? They did say at the time they needed to do a police check on hubby.
sue
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:31 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

I didnt realise there were mass ceremonies, presumed you went on your own like at the registry office

Have a great day all of you
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:39 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck for tomorrow all of you becoming Aussies on Australia Day!!

Hope it goes well for you all.

Can't wait for our turn but have a while to wait yet cos only been here for 5 months nearly

Ang
Old Jan 26th 2006, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Sooooooooooo

How did it all go for you new Aussies?

We experienced our first Australia Day today and it was pretty cool, getting my citizenship on Australia Day in Sydney sounds wonderful to me experiencing what I have today.

Please let us know about your day.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 1:34 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Example ceremony images:

Wasn't it a bit crass of the woman on the left to come dressed as the Mayor? Cheek!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:23 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i had mine in brisbane yesterday with 604 other people. was a good ceremony, even my mum flew over from the uk to see it!! i j ust wore a pair of shorts and a short sleeved shirt (and an aussie cap for after the ceremony).

with that many people, you can appreciate there were people dressed in all sorts of ways! no way i wasn't wearing shorts. it was pretty hot outside of city hall!!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:48 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Brisnic,

Congratulations! We too are Ozzies now and had a lovely day. There were only 72 of us became Australian as it was set in the grounds of a small historic house.

They chose us to have a photo's in the local free paper so didn't get chance to do any of the sandwiches and polite natter to others afterwards, as we had to then rush home as we had a few friends round.

We realised what fantastic, wonderful friends we had especially when I was made to read out the 'order of the thong' which was a bit of teasing by our Australian friends and included "In case you think this is the end of your naturalization process be advised that we are watching to ensure that there are no slips into previously discussed faults."

Bloody hot day the kids were wrinkled as we spent 6 hours in the pool playing volley-ball etc (so much for pop round to ours for an hour after the ceremony!)

Great day, will remember it always.

Need to get my passport soon as my UK one runs out in April.

Louise, Andi, Elysha and Caylum
Attached Thumbnails Urgent! What do I wear to Citizenship ceremony on Aus Day-were-ozzies-now-.jpg  
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:01 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ljj
Hi Brisnic,

Congratulations! We too are Ozzies now and had a lovely day. There were only 72 of us became Australian as it was set in the grounds of a small historic house.

They chose us to have a photo's in the local free paper so didn't get chance to do any of the sandwiches and polite natter to others afterwards, as we had to then rush home as we had a few friends round.

We realised what fantastic, wonderful friends we had especially when I was made to read out the 'order of the thong' which was a bit of teasing by our Australian friends and included "In case you think this is the end of your naturalization process be advised that we are watching to ensure that there are no slips into previously discussed faults."

Bloody hot day the kids were wrinkled as we spent 6 hours in the pool playing volley-ball etc (so much for pop round to ours for an hour after the ceremony!)

Great day, will remember it always.

Need to get my passport soon as my UK one runs out in April.

Louise, Andi, Elysha and Caylum
Congrats to all of you, sounds like you had a great day