Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

There but for the grace of god

There but for the grace of god

Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute
Default There but for the grace of god

Had a fabulous Aussie Day yesterday - swimming pool, bbq, lamb and pavlova. Returned hom ein the evening to get a couple of messages - a very good friend in the UK passed away suddenly at 42 and my sister got attacked on a train in Paris. Badly beaten and had her bag and laptop stolen.

Has put a few of my own problems into perspective.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There but for the grace of god

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Had a fabulous Aussie Day yesterday - swimming pool, bbq, lamb and pavlova. Returned hom ein the evening to get a couple of messages - a very good friend in the UK passed away suddenly at 42 and my sister got attacked on a train in Paris. Badly beaten and had her bag and laptop stolen.

Oh dear.. so sorry to hear that. Hope your sister is ok.
When people pass away suddenly it really makes you realise how precious life is and you have to make the most of it while you can.
Ruth
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:59 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that mate.

RIP to your mate
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:09 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear that. Like you say things like this tend to put our own lives and problems into perspective dont they and allow us to realign our priorities.

I hope your sister recovers quickly both physically and emotionally.

Rach
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:13 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tygwyn
So sorry to hear that. Like you say things like this tend to put our own lives and problems into perspective dont they and allow us to realign our priorities.

I hope your sister recovers quickly both physically and emotionally.

Rach
My sentiments exactly. Will you be returning to the UK for the funeral?

So sorry for your loss and for what happened to your sister.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:16 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear about your loss.
hope your sister makes a swift recovery,

sue
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:24 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Really sorry to hear. Thinking of you.

Ginny
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
My sentiments exactly. Will you be returning to the UK for the funeral?

So sorry for your loss and for what happened to your sister.
Unfortunately he died a couple of weeks ago and his family did not have our contact details.