Urgent help

Old Apr 5th 2012, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

riccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Urgent help

Hi, just got my visa yesterday and booked my flights for Saturday arriving Sunday.

Booked my car to Manchester airport and hotel there.

My employer than tells me that they only have accomodation for me and not my family !!! I need accomodation close to Roma even Daley or towoomba would do as long as it is short term and furnished. I would even consider caravan parks and things.

I have checked all parks like this in Roma but they are full and I need urgent help please.

Thanks
Old Apr 5th 2012, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent help

The trouble with Roma is that there are not many options.

Here is what I would do.

Hold my nerve and tell employers that my family and I are a package and we all need accommodation. And if they don't sort it, then my family and I will not be there.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

riccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of light

They have asked me to wait a few weeks but cancelation of my flights is astronomical. Are there any good websites to compare CHEAP accomodation in Brisbane toowoomba Daley etcas it al seems to be $100+ per night. They have accomodation for me just want somewhere for my wife and kids till they get me somewhere in 2 weeks
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riccardo1888
They have asked me to wait a few weeks but cancelation of my flights is astronomical. Are there any good websites to compare CHEAP accomodation in Brisbane toowoomba Daley etcas it al seems to be $100+ per night. They have accomodation for me just want somewhere for my wife and kids till they get me somewhere in 2 weeks
Did they know you were booking flights? How come they are not paying for the flights anyway if they are sponsoring you?

$100 per night doesn't seem like a lot for accommodation for a family, but if you don't want to pay it you are going to have to play hard ball here.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:19 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a quick look on wotif.com (accommodation site) for Roma. The Queens Arms Hotel has a family room for $85 a night. It's a self-rated two star accomodation so no frills I guess.

It might be worth getting in touch with them to ask what's around.

Sometimes there are houses sitting vacant in country towns where tenants would be welcome.

Good luck.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Yeah they knew we where coming but are now desperate for us to wait 2/3 weeks. We just simply can not do this as we no longer have jobs, house or income in the uk.

Feel dejected now.

Just have to keep looking I suppose !
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brissybee
Just had a quick look on wotif.com (accommodation site) for Roma. The Queens Arms Hotel has a family room for $85 a night. It's a self-rated two star accomodation so no frills I guess.

It might be worth getting in touch with them to ask what's around.

Sometimes there are houses sitting vacant in country towns where tenants would be welcome.

Good luck.
Will check straight away

Thanks