Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

update:Doree Bonner & Thomas Cook

update:Doree Bonner & Thomas Cook

Old Mar 20th 2003, 8:34 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default update:Doree Bonner & Thomas Cook

So the BB weekly update:
Still not exchanged on the house,any day now-fingers,toes and curly wurleys crossed!
Had a guy from Doree Bonner round for the 2nd visit.Unless I hear any horror stories; e.g moved Gary Glitter to Matthew Kellys Thailand holiday home,they're the ones who'll be shipping us out.Very knowledgable,from what we can ship,to what's worth shipping (& the blokes on no commission)
They'll give us 4 weeks free storage this end,which'll help us out if we have to move into ole' Granny Baldbutts,and they don't use sub-contracting companies to pack this end,but they do use Grace International the other end.Insurance is 2.9% with mildew,electrical stuff mucking up (technical term unknown) & pairs insurance an extra 0.1% each-won't take any of those though!
Tried to get Buttsniffer smuggled in to save 2 grand,but he was having none of it.(Mr D.B,not Buttsniffer)

Read a thread earlier from someone who said they'd got a good quote from Thomas Cook.I've had a browse for flights,preferably with Singapore Airlines,and the quotes have all been around the same-£1100 for 2 adults and a 5 year old to Perth one way.Went into Thomas Cooks,and they found flights for about 100 quid cheaper-not exactly jaw dropping cheap,but it's good to deal face to face.The girl was very obliging (steady,Mrs BB was there) and went on to get prices for us to see friends in Adelaide first.
Found out (as has been said before) that Malaysia Airlines have stopped double baggage allowance,and that Qantas internal flights allow 32 kilos-is this enough d'ja think ?

so,that's it,not as exciting as finding a chocolate rice crispie in yer belly button,but it keeps me off the streets

BB-older,wiser,sick as ever
Old Mar 20th 2003, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi bb. I have seen cheaper flights on the net and recall travelbag...flights..289..kids..213 being the cheapest quoted on here.
When are you off?

What have you done so far with buttsniffer, we are going to get ours micro-chipped and look for a way to get her out there, also get a health check from the vet as she is 8 yrs old now.

Terry
Old Mar 20th 2003, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: update:Doree Bonner & Thomas Cook

Originally posted by baldbutts
So the BB weekly update:
Still not exchanged on the house,any day now-fingers,toes and curly wurleys crossed!
Had a guy from Doree Bonner round for the 2nd visit.Unless I hear any horror stories; e.g moved Gary Glitter to Matthew Kellys Thailand holiday home,they're the ones who'll be shipping us out.Very knowledgable,from what we can ship,to what's worth shipping (& the blokes on no commission)
They'll give us 4 weeks free storage this end,which'll help us out if we have to move into ole' Granny Baldbutts,and they don't use sub-contracting companies to pack this end,but they do use Grace International the other end.Insurance is 2.9% with mildew,electrical stuff mucking up (technical term unknown) & pairs insurance an extra 0.1% each-won't take any of those though!
Tried to get Buttsniffer smuggled in to save 2 grand,but he was having none of it.(Mr D.B,not Buttsniffer)

Read a thread earlier from someone who said they'd got a good quote from Thomas Cook.I've had a browse for flights,preferably with Singapore Airlines,and the quotes have all been around the same-£1100 for 2 adults and a 5 year old to Perth one way.Went into Thomas Cooks,and they found flights for about 100 quid cheaper-not exactly jaw dropping cheap,but it's good to deal face to face.The girl was very obliging (steady,Mrs BB was there) and went on to get prices for us to see friends in Adelaide first.
Found out (as has been said before) that Malaysia Airlines have stopped double baggage allowance,and that Qantas internal flights allow 32 kilos-is this enough d'ja think ?

so,that's it,not as exciting as finding a chocolate rice crispie in yer belly button,but it keeps me off the streets

BB-older,wiser,sick as ever

Hi BB

Best of luck with the exchange and the move. Hopefully I will be using Doree Bonner too.

In terms of flites, I understand that Quantas do an offer for 1 way flites for persons migrating as a special deal thru Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Contact 020 7710 3990)

Cheers

Terry
Old Mar 21st 2003, 8:26 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Terry
Hi bb. I have seen cheaper flights on the net and recall travelbag...flights..289..kids..213 being the cheapest quoted on here.
When are you off?

Travelmood and Trailfinders are doing a cheap quote advertisement at present and in the weekend newspapers there are lots of special offers FOR THOSE WHO ARE GOING SOON
Good luck

DFB were/are my second choice at present - couple more to get quotes from biut quite impressed - however they quoted me 3% for insurance????????????? with the same firm that others use who are quoting 2.65% and 2.8% 'strange that'
Old Mar 21st 2003, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road

We spoke to a number of the 'movers' last week-end at Sandown. When pushed, they all admitted they would 'be flexible' on the insurance - and wouldn't lose business for the sake of .25 or .5 % - so go in hard!
Old Mar 21st 2003, 10:05 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by kevmitch
We spoke to a number of the 'movers' last week-end at Sandown. When pushed, they all admitted they would 'be flexible' on the insurance - and wouldn't lose business for the sake of .25 or .5 % - so go in hard!

Thanks for that - useful
Old Mar 21st 2003, 10:02 pm
Pat
Forum Regular

Pat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: update:Doree Bonner & Thomas Cook

[Had a guy from Doree Bonner round for the 2nd visit.Unless I hear any horror stories; e.g moved Gary Glitter to Matthew Kellys Thailand holiday home,they're the ones who'll be shipping us out.Very knowledgable,from what we can ship,to what's worth shipping (& the blokes on no commission)

Hi BB , if its any comfort we moved to Victoria last October and used DoreeBonner/Grace Brothers and they were excellent. All that got broken was one mirror which the insurance replaced. Not bad considering the distance involved. Best of luck Pat
Old Mar 22nd 2003, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I had the guy on from Doree Bonner and thankfully for us he was in Glasgow and they use grace brothers in Oz who i know have a great reputation.

Good luck

Carrianne