Update from Badge

Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:42 am
WBB

Originally posted by bundy
Go on then, spill the beans

after you.

Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:42 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Update from Badge

Hiya badgersmount,

sounds like you are fitting in just righjt to me.

I think you have it right, chocolate, ute, clothes and mobile.
From there on you can conquer the world

How do you go about joining the RSL?

Bye
Markeh

PS
where'e the picy.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:44 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
after you.

Terribly sorry, but I have to go home now (ahem)....my working day is done. What a shame, eh???!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

I'm really taken aback by the patronising comment. What do you mean? I was really pleased to see Badge's post and my immediate reply was that he is doing exactly what I picture myself doing when I get off the plane and running ... I'm even a litle peeved that he may have gotten exactly the ute I was wanting to buy ... there had better be another like it at the same price!

I want a dual cab ute because I'm going to be moving furniture etc around as I set up my life in rural NSW with a small family. I'll also be taking it to explore places in my adoptive country that I wouldn't want to take a shiny sedan into. It doesn't have to be new because I don't intend spending all day in it like I might in the UK. I think these are similar reasons to why an aussie or badge would buy one.

I don't like thongs, I'd rather walk barefoot. It's a novelty and a reminder of another way of life. I'm aware of its trailer trash image, but I have a good few pairs of brogues I'll wear when meeting clients.

The poster's girlfriend clearly doesn't understand the "kid in a sweetshop" feeling of going into a coldstore on a sweltering day to choose an aussie beer to take home to mates. It's a drinking method I much prefer to sipping warmish beer in a pub with the rain outside. He's just arrived and he's fitting in with what he enjoys without pose or artifice. I intend doing the same.

I honestly don't think the people in Oz I like and get along with will be slamming me for being an ersatz-aussie. I hope I don't meet too many others who want to look down their noses at me
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:44 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Reckon the person who thought it was patronising was inferring that in England we think all aussies do is ride around in their ute, chilled out and having fun. Of course we now know they're not. Seems there are 1 or 2 who are a tad uptight!

Relax - badge has seen a side of life in oz he likes and is pursuing it. Cool your jets and let him be man!!

vegetable rights and peace!! (soz - got carried away)
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:52 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, here comes the pic with flannel!
Got one yet Badge? lol
From left to right: Me (14yo, padded flannel, was sort of in then ), my younger brother in sleeveless, my uncle who was visiting (only 2wks, so obviously wasn't into it!) and my dad (tho otherwise not a typical aussie bloke, doesn't drink, doesn't like BBQ's, but he was in the building trade, so always wore them).
This is May 1996 by the way, and either Margret River or Augusta, WA.

Attached Thumbnails Update from Badge-1996_20_flannel.jpg  
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:33 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CHnJ
I'm really taken aback by the patronising comment. What do you mean? I was really pleased to see Badge's post and my immediate reply was that he is doing exactly what I picture myself doing when I get off the plane and running ... I'm even a litle peeved that he may have gotten exactly the ute I was wanting to buy ... there had better be another like it at the same price!

I want a dual cab ute because I'm going to be moving furniture etc around as I set up my life in rural NSW with a small family. I'll also be taking it to explore places in my adoptive country that I wouldn't want to take a shiny sedan into. It doesn't have to be new because I don't intend spending all day in it like I might in the UK. I think these are similar reasons to why an aussie or badge would buy one.

I don't like thongs, I'd rather walk barefoot. It's a novelty and a reminder of another way of life. I'm aware of its trailer trash image, but I have a good few pairs of brogues I'll wear when meeting clients.

The poster's girlfriend clearly doesn't understand the "kid in a sweetshop" feeling of going into a coldstore on a sweltering day to choose an aussie beer to take home to mates. It's a drinking method I much prefer to sipping warmish beer in a pub with the rain outside. He's just arrived and he's fitting in with what he enjoys without pose or artifice. I intend doing the same.

I honestly don't think the people in Oz I like and get along with will be slamming me for being an ersatz-aussie. I hope I don't meet too many others who want to look down their noses at me
I prefer barefoot but when the asphalt starts melting in the Sun thongs are better than blisters.

I was surprised Badge spent so much time in the city but i think he will be happier now he is going feral up on the north coast.

Badge hope you have a good time before you settle down.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Nice post Badge
really pleased that you have all settled but then hey never for one minute thought you wouldn't,
keep posting
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just shown this post to my aussie wife and she found it incredibly condescending and patronising. Personally have to say the thought of an English bloke just off the plane wearing thongs, driving a ute and desperate to buy a slab of beer seems like they may be taking the proverbial.
Condescending and patronising are two words I don't think anyone who knows him could use about Badger! First time I met him, in Brighton, he was yearning to get back here, and to buy his ute! We also spent a happy half hour debating which beer would our first slab! He just loves Oz, and he knows which bits of Oz he loves the best. Your wife should take it as a compliment that he is so happy in her country, surely?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:30 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Pollyana
Condescending and patronising are two words I don't think anyone who knows him could use about Badger! First time I met him, in Brighton, he was yearning to get back here, and to buy his ute! We also spent a happy half hour debating which beer would our first slab! He just loves Oz, and he knows which bits of Oz he loves the best. Your wife should take it as a compliment that he is so happy in her country, surely?
Guess you can't please all the people all the time....

Some of us have been born in other countries, but are Aussie by nature, and only feel 'at home' here. What dugongs' missus wants to realise is that what she had handed to her on a plate (Aussie citizenship) some of us have had to bust our humps for - for extended periods of time (over 20 years in my case) - and are STILL working for.

I think that if there was any 'patronising' it came from her remarks, not Badger's.

DUP (Still on holiday, but occassionally poking his head above the parapet!)
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Barbara 2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha ha!
Just read through this and eventually clocked what type of thongs you were on about!
I thought, that's a bit weird? A bloke going around wearing throngs up his bum. Tried not to let the picture appear in my mind, couldn't help it. Sorry Badge it wasn't pretty!
I'm mentally scarred now!

Good to hear your settling in and getting on with it!
Enjoy! Enjoy!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Correction: THONGS up his bum.
Terribly sorry for the spelling error folks!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:38 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Barbara 2003
Ha ha!
Just read through this and eventually clocked what type of thongs you were on about!
I thought, that's a bit weird? A bloke going around wearing throngs up his bum. Tried not to let the picture appear in my mind, couldn't help it. Sorry Badge it wasn't pretty!
I'm mentally scarred now!

Good to hear your settling in and getting on with it!
Enjoy! Enjoy!
Nah! They call those thongs 'bum floss' out here! Fellas can't wear them - not without a full Brazilian... It's the bum hairs, you see - they get wrapped around the thong and tug. It's enough to bring tears to your eyes.......

Speaking of mind pictures.....
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by downunderpom
Nah! They call those thongs 'bum floss' out here! Fellas can't wear them - not without a full Brazilian... It's the bum hairs, you see - they get wrapped around the thong and tug. It's enough to bring tears to your eyes.......

Speaking of mind pictures.....

Thanks for the visual description.
I can easily see the colours and texture!
Urgghhhhh!!!!!!!!
Vomitttttttt!!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
Driving with Thongs slightly different is all I'll say on that one..

Buying a slab of Tooheys Extra Dry was particularly soothing and therupetic - love walking in to the cooler...I did this last year to try to acclimatise for going back to the UK..

Badge

piccys to follow

Don't drive in slops (thongs)!, coming from South Africa, I know loads of people (including myself) that have had accidents or mishaps whilst driving in them. Drive barefoot instead.

Good choice of beer though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.