Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Update from Badge

Wikiposts

Update from Badge

Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:10 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollster
I am terribly sorry if this upsets any NZers but the first things I intent to do upon arrival is buy a pair of thongs, a ute and a slab of beer - in that order!

The we shall set about less important stuff like a home!
lol!
We are also getting thongs! And Pascal (my husband) will get a slab of VB.
And note a ute but one of those panelvans, so we can put a matress in the back and go camping like that (that's a serious option by the way!)

Oh, I've got a brilliant pic at home, which I keep forgetting to post! My dad, my brother and I in Oz, all wearing ... shit, forgot the word! Arghhh. Uhmmm. uhmmm. Well those shirts you wear in Oz. In blue or red or grey(with that pattern). Padded or not, or sleaveless... oh geeeeez
I'll try to remember to put the pic up when I get home!
1.5 hours to go!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:20 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone82
lol!
We are also getting thongs! And Pascal (my husband) will get a slab of VB.
And note a ute but one of those panelvans, so we can put a matress in the back and go camping like that (that's a serious option by the way!)

Oh, I've got a brilliant pic at home, which I keep forgetting to post! My dad, my brother and I in Oz, all wearing ... shit, forgot the word! Arghhh. Uhmmm. uhmmm. Well those shirts you wear in Oz. In blue or red or grey(with that pattern). Padded or not, or sleaveless... oh geeeeez
I'll try to remember to put the pic up when I get home!
1.5 hours to go!
Flannos - flannel shirts.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:23 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Flannos - flannel shirts.
Thankyou!

Not that we are planning to buy them by the way, but I've got a great pic!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:23 am
WBB

Default Re: Update from Badge

Originally posted by dugongs
Just shown this post to my aussie wife and she found it incredibly condescending and patronising. Personally have to say the thought of an English bloke just off the plane wearing thongs, driving a ute and desperate to buy a slab of beer seems like they may be taking the proverbial.
i think you got badgers wrong, he is just chuffed to be there and blending in nicely.

what would you expect him to wear and drive ?

Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:26 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i think you got badgers wrong, he is just chuffed to be there and blending in nicely.

And isn't he in some way contributing to the aussie economy by going out and spending? Plus it's better than Badge sitting about whinging that 'everything is different' and making no effort to adopt the aussie culture, whatever part of that culture he choses to adopt.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:27 am
WBB

And isn't he in some way contributing to the aussie economy by going out and spending? Plus it's better than Badge sitting about whinging that 'everything is different' and making no effort to adopt the aussie culture, whatever part of that culture he choses to adopt.

exactumundo !

your damned if you do and your damned if you dont.

Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:29 am
She's a bird, you know

exactumundo !

So let's just be damned and be done with it!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:31 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I would fully expect him to be wearing a bowler hat and drive a Bentley.

Only kidding Badge you go for it mate!!!!

TT

Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:33 am
WBB

Originally posted by TrickyTree
I would fully expect him to be wearing a bowler hat and drive a Bentley.
home jeeves and dont spare the horses.

Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:34 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

exactumundo !

Quite right!

Perception is another great thing:
I noticed today that there were two things said:
one person talking about all the 'negative'posts on here
the other (other thread) talking about all the 'positive' threads.
Gosh, could there be a balance of stuff here?
Maybe those people are actually living reality!

Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:34 am
She's a bird, you know

Of all the people to be considered patronising and condescending, Badge would be well down at the bottom of the list. It's about time he joined in and gave his opinion on this thread! (Wake Up Badge!!!)
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:36 am
WBB

Of all the people to be considered patronising and condescending, Badge would be well down at the bottom of the list. It's about time he joined in and gave his opinion on this thread! (Wake Up Badge!!!)

so you have a list ?

whose top ? ...go on tell us.

Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:38 am
She's a bird, you know

so you have a list ?

whose top ? ...go on tell us.

Well I could think of one....
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:40 am
WBB

Well I could think of one....

just one !!!!!

i could name a dozen off the top of my head.

Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:40 am
She's a bird, you know

just one !!!!!

i could name a dozen off the top of my head.

Go on then, spill the beans

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.