Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Update...1 month later...

Update...1 month later...

Old May 15th 2005, 3:56 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Default Update...1 month later...

We arrived back in Brisbane 1 month ago yesterday. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride.... Still trying to get jobs, but we are out in the 'sticks' so will take a bit longer out here. Our container is about 14 days away from arriving at Fishermans Island (Port of Brisbane).. and we are really looking forward to its arrival.

My mum is driving me potty already... so am thinking we will have to live a good days drive away at least so she doesn't send me round the bend!!!

Hubby is finding it interesting.. he's fascinated with all the galahs, sulphur crested cockatoos, lorikeets and king parrots that flock around here. Also he's doing his best to pick up the local slang!! Everyone here just thinks I'm a Brit as well... my Aussie accent has vanished!!! (Hubby is a Brit and I'm Australian for those who don't know...)

All the best

Brissiegirl.
Old May 15th 2005, 6:11 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Update...1 month later...

Welcome back to your country

Hope we haven't changed it too much

Old May 15th 2005, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
We arrived back in Brisbane 1 month ago yesterday. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride.... Still trying to get jobs, but we are out in the 'sticks' so will take a bit longer out here. Our container is about 14 days away from arriving at Fishermans Island (Port of Brisbane).. and we are really looking forward to its arrival.

My mum is driving me potty already... so am thinking we will have to live a good days drive away at least so she doesn't send me round the bend!!!

Hubby is finding it interesting.. he's fascinated with all the galahs, sulphur crested cockatoos, lorikeets and king parrots that flock around here. Also he's doing his best to pick up the local slang!! Everyone here just thinks I'm a Brit as well... my Aussie accent has vanished!!! (Hubby is a Brit and I'm Australian for those who don't know...)

All the best

Brissiegirl.

Hope it feels good to be back! Maybe you can come along to the next girls night out..28th May, look for the thread!
Old May 16th 2005, 8:33 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl

All the best

Brissiegirl.
Lovely to hear from you, I meant to respond yesterday.

Yep, we did the living with Mum bit on our return to the UK, it was BLISS when we got our own space, as much as you love em!

Best of luck
Merlot