Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unrequested meds question - help !

Unrequested meds question - help !

Old May 19th 2006, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice
Default Unrequested meds question - help !

Can anyone tell me what sort of medical examination we need to have if we want to frontload these and send them off unrequested ?

Our quack has said that there is loads that range from 40 to 100 quid and I don't want to get the wrong one ! It's a bit difficult second guessing DIMIA up front but any help would be really appreciated.

Also just realised that the unrequested police clearances I've sent are certified copies.....sod's law thaty these are the only ones that need to be sent in original form !!!!!!!!
Old May 19th 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unrequested meds question - help !

Originally Posted by martynm
Can anyone tell me what sort of medical examination we need to have if we want to frontload these and send them off unrequested ?

Our quack has said that there is loads that range from 40 to 100 quid and I don't want to get the wrong one ! It's a bit difficult second guessing DIMIA up front but any help would be really appreciated.

Also just realised that the unrequested police clearances I've sent are certified copies.....sod's law thaty these are the only ones that need to be sent in original form !!!!!!!!
I think the meds are all the same. We phoned doc and she told us what to do and arranged things. Phone private hospital for x-rays in morning and did medical in afternoon. Only 1 panel doc in Glasgow and she seems to know what she's doing. Just left it with her but timescale is never specific (no, not specific, not at all)
Old May 19th 2006, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice

You need to go on the DIMIA website and get a list of the authorised Doctors in your area as you are only allowed to use those ones and when you book an appointment you tell them that you want a medical for emigrating and they know what is invovled. Not sure, but there may be forms to download to take with you and I think you need photos too although I can't remember, it was a couple of years ago we had ours done, but we waited for them to be requested, so they send you everything you should take.

Hope that helps, but if I'm wrong, somebody will you know.

Good Luck
Old May 19th 2006, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

micged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant future

DIMIA have a list of doctors that you must use. If you phone one of the ones on the list and explain that it is for residency etc they will know exactly what to do and what you need. the police checks must be the originals.
Michelle
Old May 19th 2006, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of

Hi,

You neeed to see an approved panel doctor for the medicals. Have a look at the attached forms - they contain the list of panel doctors in the UK as well as the forms you will need to take with you.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Paula
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
0012_Panel_Doctors.pdf (140.7 KB, 2407 views)
0024B_Medical_Instructions.pdf (87.4 KB, 101 views)
26-MedicalReport.pdf (83.1 KB, 140 views)
160-RadiologicalReport.pdf (58.8 KB, 100 views)
Old May 19th 2006, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by depaiva
Hi,

You neeed to see an approved panel doctor for the medicals. Have a look at the attached forms - they contain the list of panel doctors in the UK as well as the forms you will need to take with you.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Paula

Thanks, these will help.....a lot !!!!!
Old May 19th 2006, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Which visa have you applied for. If it's the 136 then you need the full medical, it will cost around £100+ each adult.

Also yes you need to send original Police checks. DIMA will let you know if you have sent the wrong thing and request anything else they need to be able to assess your application.
Old May 19th 2006, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by depaiva
Hi,

Good luck.

Cheers,
Paula
Paula,

the panel doctor list is corrupted, is there any way you could reformat or resend ?

Thanks again, Martyn
Old May 19th 2006, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Paula,

the panel doctor list is corrupted, is there any way you could reformat or resend ?

Thanks again, Martyn
you will find all the up-to -date info here

you need form 26 and 160, at the bottom of the page, also a list of docs for UK and ROI