Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unimpressed with Australian made car

Unimpressed with Australian made car

Old Jun 19th 2010, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

ProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unimpressed with Australian made car

Originally Posted by MDawson
What laid back Aussies ? not many of them in reality, thats just one of those myths.

Food, Cloths are OK it's just your average Big Mouth Aussie thats a problem.
Always going on and on about themselves ?
No such thing as the 'average' Aussie. Australia is so multicultural these days that it is becoming rather difficult to stereotype the nation.

As for the Australians of Anglo-Celtic origin, well we are more diverse than most of the rest of the world perceives us or gives us credit for. I acknowledge that the typical negative stereotype of the nation's people, i.e. loud mouth, arrogant, uncivilised, jingoistic and uncultured does exist (it is not a total myth), it is totally factually incorrect to say the majority of Australians are like this.

As for the 'laid back' stereotype, as a nation, Australians are rather laid back thanks mainly to the low population density and generally favourable climate along with a history of physical, and some cultural, isolation from the rest of the world (before globalisation became a major factor), but it is a genuine myth to suggest that we all lie on the beach everyday, don't work hard and don't take the struggles and challenges of life seriously.

In reality our culture is very similar to other western cultures, especially England and the US. The closest culture to Australia's is NZ culture.

Anyway I have gone off topic....

I don't see why Australia's quality standards for cars would be any less than the rest of the developed world.

Last edited by ProudVIC; Jun 19th 2010 at 10:41 pm. Reason: Appendage