Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Unimpressed with Australian made car

Unimpressed with Australian made car

Old Jun 19th 2010, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Unimpressed with Australian made car

I have been driving a new Australian-made Toyota Camry for a couple of months now and I have to say I was quite a bit disappointed with the performance. Dashboard rattles started just a few days after taking off the dealership, interior parts seemed cheaply made and overall, it did not feel as robust and good quality for the same Camry you see in the US market. May be its just the unit I am using or perhaps the quality demands are less in Aussie market?
Old Jun 19th 2010, 11:18 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unimpressed with Australian made car

I think is largely luck of the draw. My prius is Japanese built and has none of the problems in rattles and so on which seem to be reported by a lot of us built units.

I have found Toyota to be exceedingly good in addressing a few small issues I have had and perhaps you should discuss them with your local dealer.

Sadly today most new cars are made to a price, unless you are prepared to pay a premium for a premium brand. In australia that annoys me mainly because of the massive luxury car tax makes buying a merc or BMW offensively expensive by comparison to the cost in the USA.

Perhaps you are right, it may be the market that much like another things in Australia is somewhat apathetic.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 2:58 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caliburn
I have been driving a new Australian-made Toyota Camry for a couple of months now and I have to say I was quite a bit disappointed with the performance. Dashboard rattles started just a few days after taking off the dealership, interior parts seemed cheaply made and overall, it did not feel as robust and good quality for the same Camry you see in the US market. May be its just the unit I am using or perhaps the quality demands are less in Aussie market?
Well perhaps , you should leave Australia immediately, and seek a country were , cars meet you super refined ,appetite...........;MM
Old Jun 19th 2010, 2:59 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Im quite happy with my little Yaris

No rattling or anything, except for my boobs when I drive over humps.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Well perhaps , you should leave Australia immediately, and seek a country were , cars meet you super refined ,appetite...........;MM
Change the record will you.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

BritishIGuess is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry if this is stating the obvious,but didn't toyota just have a massive world wide recall of the camry and various other models?? I find it hard to imagine them making anything of quality
Old Jun 19th 2010, 8:23 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Im quite happy with my little Yaris

No rattling or anything, except for my boobs when I drive over humps.
pictures please
Old Jun 19th 2010, 9:45 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Unimpressed with Australian made car

Originally Posted by steve`o
pictures please
Seconded - preferably moving ones.

BB
Old Jun 19th 2010, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

mark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to behold

If its just the cars i think you are doing well. What about the food, clothes, houses, education and the not so laid back ozzie attitude!
Old Jun 19th 2010, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

MDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mark wool
If its just the cars i think you are doing well. What about the food, clothes, houses, education and the not so laid back ozzie attitude!
What laid back Aussies ? not many of them in reality, thats just one of those myths.

Food, Cloths are OK it's just your average Big Mouth Aussie thats a problem.
Always going on and on about themselves ?
Old Jun 20th 2010, 12:32 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark wool
You forgot telecommunications and broadband, books and a general acceptance that its ok for even nice restaurants to send its customers to some back ally bathroom several blocks away that looks like a prison block loo with a large key.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 1:24 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
even nice restaurants to send its customers to some back ally bathroom several blocks away that looks like a prison block loo with a large key.

...you forgot the optional lightbulb!
Old Jun 20th 2010, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, as i will only drive toyota land cruiser and a hilux if absaloutly necessary and have found that more recent models are crap. I mentioned this to a toyota dealer the other day and he actually agreed and said that the new toyota 4x4's are now designed for the heavy off road that is the school run.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

mark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Centurion
You forgot telecommunications and broadband, books and a general acceptance that its ok for even nice restaurants to send its customers to some back ally bathroom several blocks away that looks like a prison block loo with a large key.
What about the so called renovated houses. Some of them look like they have been renovated with a stick of TNT! Again S***e. I love the idea of paying $500k dollars to light your oven on your hands and knees with an ignighter.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Get yourselves on autotrader in the uk and just look at what you can get for 5k. Then you realise like everything else here the ozzies are making you really have it. Whilst you are browsing have a quick look at M&S food then hop to next and look at clothes for you and the kids. Just to top it off click on a website and check out the ozzie wine section! Then nip down your local bottle shop and try and buy it at that price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.