uk tv in oz

Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:45 am
kerrie/wayne

Talking uk tv in oz

hi can anyone tell me if a uk tv works properly in oz we are looking at shipping ours over

its a 32" sony with stand has anyone yet been quoted for this .

sorry i know there is forum on this but i cant find them cheers

Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:28 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: uk tv in oz

Originally Posted by kerrie/wayne
hi can anyone tell me if a uk tv works properly in oz we are looking at shipping ours over

its a 32" sony with stand has anyone yet been quoted for this .

sorry i know there is forum on this but i cant find them cheers
We brought over our 28" Sony TV and when connected to an Aussie video recorder it works very well. Limited range of channels at present, but should be much better once we've got the Foxtel sorted! Apparently you can also get the set-top box much like you buy for Freeview in the UK which substantially increases the channels you can receive. Or so I'm told...

HTH. This is a common question and there should be plenty of archived posts which would tell you more.

Sue
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Silky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: uk tv in oz

I've been looking into this myself, it really depends on whether or not the tv is
I compatible (we're B/G according to the list), I emailed Panasonic about our main tv and they said it would require converting as we wouldn't get sound, only picture, so if in doubt email/speak to the manufacturers of your tv.

FYI here's the website with the tv/video info:-

http://www.telsat.com/world.htm

HTH

Sara