Bits and Bobs

Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:31 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bits and Bobs

Hiya! We have got the removal company coming early in January so have just started sorting through all that stuff that you accumulate over your entire life! We have been pretty ruthless but what do you do with all those bits and bobs that you collect - little bits from your childhood etc etc. None of them are breakable so should I just put them all in a box and mark them childhood bits and bobs? In how much details does the itinerary have to be? Thanks for your advice! Katy
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:40 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bits and Bobs

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Hiya! We have got the removal company coming early in January so have just started sorting through all that stuff that you accumulate over your entire life! We have been pretty ruthless but what do you do with all those bits and bobs that you collect - little bits from your childhood etc etc. None of them are breakable so should I just put them all in a box and mark them childhood bits and bobs? In how much details does the itinerary have to be? Thanks for your advice! Katy
WOW Katy - how come the removals guys are coming so soon????
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:43 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
WOW Katy - how come the removals guys are coming so soon????
Hi Claire! We have managed to sell our house so we are moving in with my mum and dad. We've sold to first time buyers so they can move quickly and want to get in during the first week of the new year. We've managed to get 8 weeks free storage in the UK so that should take us through to the beginning of March-ish. Fingers crossed we'll know about the visas before then. Even if we don't get to Oz we've decided to bugger off somewhere else in the UK .... stuck in a rut if you know what I mean! How's your house sale going?? Katy xx
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:48 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Hi Claire! We have managed to sell our house so we are moving in with my mum and dad. We've sold to first time buyers so they can move quickly and want to get in during the first week of the new year. We've managed to get 8 weeks free storage in the UK so that should take us through to the beginning of March-ish. Fingers crossed we'll know about the visas before then. Even if we don't get to Oz we've decided to bugger off somewhere else in the UK .... stuck in a rut if you know what I mean! How's your house sale going?? Katy xx
Cool - nice one guys!
House sale is on hold at the moment! We are busily decorating at the moment and are hoping to get it back on the market after Xmas...
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:53 pm
Drifting back to earth

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Cool - nice one guys!
House sale is on hold at the moment! We are busily decorating at the moment and are hoping to get it back on the market after Xmas...
Good luck! It's the pits trying to keep it tidy with a 2 year old!! So glad we sold it - it only took 3 weeks so fingers crossed for you guys, the decorating is a great idea ... we did a bit of that!! xx
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:50 pm
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

The removal guys packed and labelled all our stuff when we came (which was great because I had my leaving party at work the night before and was nursing a hangover)

The level of detail is down to you as you will need to know what is in what box when you unpack at the other end. (If customs want to know they will open it anyway but it does help to give some indication).

Not sure if you have a whole container to yourselves or are paying for a part load but whatever make full use of the space you are paying for. Pack lighht stuff away in drawers and empty pots etc.. if you can (u know socks in the biscuit barrell that kind of thing).

We cleared heaps of stuff out when we came over, we sold lots at a car boot sale, its amazing what people will buy. That said there are still times now when I wish I had something with me that I left behind. Just the way it goes I guess.

Good luck with the move and any travel you do on the way over.