UK Job change?

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Job change?

Hi all

My husband Chris has been offered another job, totally different to what he usually does, if he was to take it could this cause problems with our application? are we ment to inform DIMIA

Main application went in end of October Gen Skilled 136 for his trade, waiting to here about meds.

Thanks

Sue x
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 6:47 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Job change?

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hi all

My husband Chris has been offered another job, totally different to what he usually does, if he was to take it could this cause problems with our application? are we ment to inform DIMIA

Main application went in end of October Gen Skilled 136 for his trade, waiting to here about meds.

Thanks

Sue x
Once the application is in then the clock stops on your work experiecne requirements I believe.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hi all

Thanks

Sue x
Hi Sue!

You will be assessed on the initial information you supply with your application on a 136 Skilled-independent visa. So the job he does is part of the assessment. However, once a 136 visa is obtained, you can do what you like, where you like! I'm pretty sure that if he has a job offer in a different field, then it makes no difference.

Congrats on the job offer, btw!
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 7:27 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Hi Sue!

You will be assessed on the initial information you supply with your application on a 136 Skilled-independent visa. So the job he does is part of the assessment. However, once a 136 visa is obtained, you can do what you like, where you like! I'm pretty sure that if he has a job offer in a different field, then it makes no difference.

I took this to mean that......he had been working in a Skilled Occupation for the required timescales prior to the visa application and has now left that job for something else (maybe not on the SOL?)

I was commenting that when the application is received by DIMIA if the requirements are met at that point then what you do afterwards doesn't matter.

I guess you should maybe inform them, especially as they may seek further info from referees / former employer etc.

Someone more clued up can probably advise on that.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for help

Just wanted to make sure, dont want to cause any problems with the application!! new job is not on the SOL & yes he has been working/still is at the moment in the required trade that is on the SOL list. He does have a very good relationship with his previous employers, so references will be ok.

Thanks again

Sue

Last edited by Sue2; Dec 3rd 2004 at 8:49 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Hi Sue!

Hi Tony

Thanks for advice & best wishes, makes us feel happier now dont want anything to cause problems with our application!!

Hope alls well, see you in Jan.

Sue