Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK flight on Emirates

UK flight on Emirates

Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: UK flight on Emirates

Maybe it can't be done until confirmed? Iv not received my online ticket yet...
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:16 am
Banned

kmthor - mackay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
I can take 2 x 23kg bags with BA? Im sooo confused!
im i right in saying your going to mackay? if so id be checking that you can get those bags on the last leg. i know when i come up there pretty strict on people qantas still use turbo prop aircraft on some flights

km
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:18 am
Banned

Maybe it can't be done until confirmed? Iv not received my online ticket yet...
the OH will go down there tomorrow ill let you know..but according to the FAQs it is possible

km
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Magdaline
Greetings, I have flown back to NZ using emirates every year for the last 10 and for the last 6 years have used Emirates. Two reasons, firstly they were always the cheapest of the larger airlines (?safer) and secondly, by booking 24 hrs prior to departure I was able to choose what I referred to as the "Twosey". This seat is towards the back of the plane where it begins to narrow and therefor the first of the "twoseys" has a half seat space. The seat behind has a quater with the seat behind that being a straight "two". This gives my husband extra leg room (if he's with me) and I get a bit more space between my window seat (always!!) and the window to put my bits and bobs! You may not like sitting that far back but for me not having to climb over a strange mans legs every time he nods off and I want to go to the loo (always seems to coincide!) is worth the tail wobble (to be honest I don't really notice it anyway)
thanks for the info. i see there are 3 rows of 2s each side i have read that row 46 (the first row after the 3s) is the better one. what do you think?

km
Old Feb 15th 2012, 8:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kmthor - mackay
the OH will go down there tomorrow ill let you know..but according to the FAQs it is possible

km
Once i got the booking ref its all good iv booked my seats there and back now

km

Last edited by kmthor - mackay; Feb 15th 2012 at 8:38 am.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kmthor - mackay
Once i got the booking ref its all good iv booked my seats there and back now

km
Yeah. Got my confirmation this morning to do seats!

Also, im going to have 30kg of luggage atleast. My company will have to sort that out for me up to Mackay!!
Old Feb 15th 2012, 8:55 am
Banned

Yeah. Got my confirmation this morning to do seats!

Also, im going to have 30kg of luggage atleast. My company will have to sort that out for me up to Mackay!!
iv seen people throwing closes into bins when told they would have to pay
Old Feb 15th 2012, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Well I certainly aint doing that..
Old Feb 15th 2012, 9:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Who is your flight to Mackay with?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Qantas internal is 23kg. Then its $20 dollars per over weight bag.. Even if it was $20 dollars per kilo its still alright..
Old Feb 15th 2012, 9:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Qantas internal is 23kg. Then its $20 dollars per over weight bag.. Even if it was $20 dollars per kilo its still alright..
Have a look at your booking on the Qantas website and see if you are able to buy extra baggage in advance - if so it might save you a fair few $$. Depends on the conditions of the ticket as you can't do it with every flight, but its worth a look.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have a look at your booking on the Qantas website and see if you are able to buy extra baggage in advance - if so it might save you a fair few $$. Depends on the conditions of the ticket as you can't do it with every flight, but its worth a look.
Thanks Polly!!
Old Feb 15th 2012, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget you will actually have up to 37kg allowance. 30kg in the hold and 7kg hand luggage!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

We flew Emirates Brisbane-Manchester return over Dec/Jan with the two and a half hour stops in Dubai.

Economy seats over that distance are not something to be relished which ever way you look at it although aisle seats seem to be the ones to have.

On the return flight from Manchester we sat on the A380 on the ground for 4hours while they tried to sort a computer issue regarding one of the brakes but to no avail so we had to disembark. Better that than not stopping properly the other end where we may have really had something to worry about.

I don't know how many people come off a full A380 but Emirates did an extremely efficient job of dealing with the situation eventually putting us up in a hotel over night and arranging a special flight for the following day nearly 24 hours after we should have flown giving us the same connecting flight only a day late.

It was pretty unpleasant but don't know how Emirates could have handled it any better than they did in the circumstances. They obviously had the capacity to deal with such a situation properly.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future

I've often thought why do they design the economy seats so upright?

Why don't they design them at a sort of semi-lying down angle, or even have stacks of beds like in a dormitory?

Why not? Hmmm?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.