Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK flight on Emirates

UK flight on Emirates

Old Feb 11th 2012, 9:08 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future
Default UK flight on Emirates

I have just booked a flight with Emerites back to the UK on there 777-300-ER. As i wasnt given the aircraft info when booking i didnt know at the time that Emerites are the only airline to configure this aircraft with 10 seats across in cattle class.

what concerns me is every review of this flight/aircraft is really negative with words like "horrific" "pain" not uncommon in the reviews.

Has anyone done this flight and was it bad?

km
Old Feb 11th 2012, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: UK flight on Emirates

Originally Posted by kmthor
I have just booked a flight with Emerites back to the UK on there 777-300-ER. As i wasnt given the aircraft info when booking i didnt know at the time that Emerites are the only airline to configure this aircraft with 10 seats across in cattle class.

what concerns me is every review of this flight/aircraft is really negative with words like "horrific" "pain" not uncommon in the reviews.

Has anyone done this flight and was it bad?

km
Yes - and I'll be aboard again this time tomorrow. The trick is to check-in online precisely 24 hours before your flight and you can then select relatively good seats (preferably aisle). Unfortunately the Emirates site doesn't let you select emergency exits online.

If you just show up at the airport you will probably end up with rubbish seats, maybe blocked in by strangers.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Never used them, but you are booked now and there is no point worrying about it. No economy flight from Australia to UK is going to be comfortable, remember that people with bad experiences are more likely to contribute to review sites.

There seems to be two versions of the plane you mentioned, the second one seems to have quite good seat pitch, 34inches, which favours well.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 9:31 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

There seems to be two versions of the plane you mentioned, the second one seems to have quite good seat pitch, 34inches, which favours well.
yer i saw that but the good one is not the Emerites aircraft.. its going to cost $900 to cancel, just looking into weather an upgrade someway is the answer
Old Feb 11th 2012, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

yer i saw that but the good one is not the Emerites aircraft.. its going to cost $900 to cancel, just looking into weather an upgrade someway is the answer
I wouldn't be spending $900 to cancel, the journey with another carrier is not going to be comfortable anyway.

If there is an upgrade that might be worth spending money on but I think the next step is business on Emirates, which would be a big $ step.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 10:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DC10
Yes - and I'll be aboard again this time tomorrow. The trick is to check-in online precisely 24 hours before your flight and you can then select relatively good seats (preferably aisle). Unfortunately the Emirates site doesn't let you select emergency exits online.

If you just show up at the airport you will probably end up with rubbish seats, maybe blocked in by strangers.
Id be interested in your "review" of the flight
Old Feb 11th 2012, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sure the weather will affect your ticket booking. Emirates are one of the best Airlines at the moment. Why not go online and book the seat of your choice from what is available, or bite the bullet and upgrade.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

I once made the mistake of saving $100 on Emirates by getting the B777 that goes from Sydney via Bangkok to Dubai rather than the A380 that goes direct. Big mistake!

Virgin (V Australia) and others with 9 wide is great, Emirates with 10 is a squeeze, if like me you are a big lad.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

or.. take advantage of the US airlines deal.. and fly business for cattle prices

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...653462&page=66
Old Feb 12th 2012, 1:21 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates aren't the only that has this arrangement - the list is growing and now includes Air New Zealand and American Airlines. Flown several sectors and not found it an issue - most of the spaces is reclaimed from the aisles which are excessively narrow - if you sit on one you will get bumped by every person and cart that goes past. I would recommend an aisle seat at one of the pairs right at the back - much more space.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 1:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
I once made the mistake of saving $100 on Emirates by getting the B777 that goes from Sydney via Bangkok to Dubai rather than the A380 that goes direct. Big mistake!

Virgin (V Australia) and others with 9 wide is great, Emirates with 10 is a squeeze, if like me you are a big lad.
believe me im really P#$$ed off with myself.. either $900 down the drain or face the music .. im 6ft 3 in the old money it sounds like im going to have to fold in half

or.. take advantage of the US airlines deal.. and fly business for cattle prices

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...653462&page=66
i wont have the miles by June but ill bank them for next time
Old Feb 12th 2012, 1:26 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

believe me im really P#$$ed off with myself.. either $900 down the drain or face the music .. im 6ft 3 in the old money it sounds like im going to have to fold in half

i wont have the miles by June but ill bank them for next time
But these planes have better legroom than average!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 1:30 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bcworld
Emirates aren't the only that has this arrangement - the list is growing and now includes Air New Zealand and American Airlines. Flown several sectors and not found it an issue - most of the spaces is reclaimed from the aisles which are excessively narrow - if you sit on one you will get bumped by every person and cart that goes past. I would recommend an aisle seat at one of the pairs right at the back - much more space.
yer that seems to be the option people are talking about. ill chalk it up to a lesson learnt.
the only reason i booked it is it got us into LHR about 8hr earlier than the Cathay Pacific flight. it was also more expensive than CP
Old Feb 12th 2012, 1:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bcworld
But these planes have better legroom than average!
umm were do you get that from? 31" pitch with 17" seat smallest there is on Long haul
Old Feb 12th 2012, 1:32 am
Banned

the list is growing and now includes Air New Zealand and American Airlines
Didn't know this. Seat expert said there the only one using 3-4-3 config

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.