UK DVD Player?

Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:06 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK DVD Player?

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
A quick fix would be to install Anydvd on it this will then allow any region disk to be played a better solution would be to flash a modified firmware to the DVD drive to allow all regions to be played.

It doesn't Not even on a Mac, you still have to flash the firmware.
VLC works for me on a UK iMac and a MacBook. I've played loads of Oz DVD's, and UK DVD's, with no issues. I set the preferences when a DVD is inserted to do nothing, then just fire up VLC and Bob's your Uncle.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:15 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

On the other hend, you can get a new DVD player for $50.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:23 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

I got a cheap DVD player from K-mart and it's multi region out of the box. It is an Audiosonic.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ryem78
Hi all,

We stupidly went and bought a brand new Sony DVD player with surround sound thinking it was cheaper to buy here, but we've now realised that it's Region 2 so not compatible with Australian DVDs. We're trying to change it to ALL region (apparently you just need a code), but so far we're not having any luck as it's a new model. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do?

Thanks!
I thought Aus DVD's are region 4 which is the same as region 2. Mine plays both 4 & 2 and isn't region free as far as I know!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:45 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
I thought Aus DVD's are region 4 which is the same as region 2. Mine plays both 4 & 2 and isn't region free as far as I know!
REGION 1 -- USA, Canada
REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland
REGION 3 -- S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia
REGION 4 -- Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico)
REGION 5 -- Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa
REGION 6 -- China
REGION 7 -- Reserved for Unspecified Special Use
REGION 8 -- Reserved for Cruise Ships, Airlines, etc...
REGION 0 or REGION ALL -- Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide, however, PAL discs must be played in a PAL-compatible unit and NTSC discs must be played in an NTSC-compatible unit.
Source

Both Oz and UK are PAL as opposed to NTSC.

WHAT IS NTSC AND PAL STANDARD?

An unlocked DVD will play on both UK and Oz players as they both use the PAL standard.