Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK to Australia Transfering money

UK to Australia Transfering money

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Scoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really nice
Default UK to Australia Transfering money

Hello everyone

I have a relation coming from the UK to visit us in Australia for a few weeks. The exchange rate is not in their favour. Just wondering if anyone had any advice around getting a better rate and the way they carry their money whilst in Australia for a period of time.

Thinking of getting them to transfer it to me using someone like Ozforex to get a slightly better rate and then purchasing one of those visa/debit cards from Woolworths and loading their money onto it to spend whilst holidaying here.

Anyone have any better ideas? Thanks in advance
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 3:24 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK to Australia Transfering money

We did that whenever we had visitors. Just had them put money in our account in Canada and used Ozforex to transfer it to Australia. It was the best way to get a good rate.

Once in Australia we just gave them their Australian cash and they used it however they wanted. We didn't go through the trouble of loading up cards for them. Although some sort of pre-paid visa card might not be a bad idea as you could use it everywhere.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Scoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really nice

Originally Posted by comet555
We did that whenever we had visitors. Just had them put money in our account in Canada and used Ozforex to transfer it to Australia. It was the best way to get a good rate.

Once in Australia we just gave them their Australian cash and they used it however they wanted. We didn't go through the trouble of loading up cards for them. Although some sort of pre-paid visa card might not be a bad idea as you could use it everywhere.
Comet555! Thanks might look into it then!! Cheers!
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 8:56 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I always use Ozforex
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 10:38 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Ozforex here too.

Awesome service.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

HI-FX are very good too.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:55 pm
Planning for the future

Emma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of lightEmma_Par is a glorious beacon of light

Im in the uk at the moment and when I go abroad I use my Halifax clarity credit card which has no fees and great exchange rate, I've yet to beat them! Don't know if that helps
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Emma_Par
Im in the uk at the moment and when I go abroad I use my Halifax clarity credit card which has no fees and great exchange rate, I've yet to beat them! Don't know if that helps
thanks for your help everyone!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Jordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really nice

You may want to check out the British Expats page below. Free transfers for all British Expat members!!!!!!!!

http://exchangerates.britishexpats.com/
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 12:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I'd rather stick to ozforex and www.tranzfers.com - 11 years of good customer service and low rates counts for something
Old Feb 5th 2012, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of

caxtonfx card has never let me down, even managed to use it in the vietmanese jungle last year